View Vacancy - Programmes and Projects Officer
The British Embassy in Kuwait is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Programmes and Projects Officer.
Purpose of the job
This is an exciting position working on a number of UK Government’s programme funds, including the Gulf-orientated Integrated Activity Fund. Based in the Embassy’s Political Section, you will be at the heart of the Embassy’s programme work helping to implement UK policy objectives. You will support delivery of UK programmes, including to strengthen the bilateral relationship and support the growth of UK-Kuwait economic ties, prosperity and Science and Innovation.
This is a new role and will entail some flexibility, with the officer responding to wider section and embassy pressures as necessary.
- Delivery of Integrated Activity Fund programmes, including managing implementing partners and wider stakeholders, monitoring and evaluation, budget scrutiny, and regular financial reporting.
- Support the development and design of future programmes. To identify and secure funding through central funds including: Global Britain Fund, GREAT Challenge Fund and the Prosperity Fund and the Human Rights Democracy Programme Fund.
- To manage the local Bilateral Programme Budget.
- To work with the Communications Team to highlight what projects we are delivering and how they are making a difference.
- To work with the soon to be appointed Second Secretary Prosperity, and with the Gulf Science Innovation & Knowledge Economy Programme Director, on related projects;
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, it’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Changing & Improving - It’s about being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in smarter and, more focused ways.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering Value for Money - Delivering value for money involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
- Engaging Internationally - Effectiveness in this area is about leading internationally, engaging our staff, contacts and international partners to help deliver UK Government objectives.
- Excellent oral and written English is essential.
- Exceptionally organised, university-educated candidate.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a relevant field (programme or project management, preferably in a bilateral or multilateral agency)
- Candidates should be highly organised, have a track record as a team player and should be able to work in a diverse, high-performing environment.
- Track record of successfully delivering programmes and/or projects in the international context, preferably in a bilateral or multilateral agency
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build productive working relations with the project implementers and wider stakeholders.
- Candidates need to confidently brief the senior management team within the Embassy and in London.
- Experience of programme/project management is essential.
- Candidates should be numerate, with experience of working with financial information.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is useful, but not essential.
- Experience or knowledge of economics is highly desirable.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances. We are looking for someone who can start by end of March 2017 depending on the outcome of the security clearance.
This role is initially funded for a period of one year with renewal is subject to ongoing programme funding.
Pay is on the Embassy B3 (L) scale, starting at 687KD per month depending on candidate’s skills and experience. The package also includes a good level of health insurance and an engaging working environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days plus 14 public holidays.
The closing date for applications is 4 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Kuwait labour law.
The British Embassy Kuwait is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.