View Vacancy - Business Development Executive
The primary purpose of this post, based in the British Consulate-General New York, is to assist in identifying and developing new foreign direct investment and trade opportunities in the North Eastern US states. Outputs will result in the identification of quality leads, business networks and inward investment and trade opportunities.
The role also requires an ability to assist in the wider representational requirements of the WG in the US. The Welsh Government has extensive responsibility for a broad range of matters in Wales, including education, health, transport, infrastructure, culture and tourism. The successful applicant will help promote links between Wales and the US in these specific areas as well as more generally in governmental, academic and cultural fields.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Representative in identifying, developing and delivering new quality inward investment projects. Working with the Senior Representative and other members of the WG’s US team, identify, develop and help to deliver, incremental investment from existing investors.
Assist and/or lead on, as business requires, bespoke events, seminars, Ministerial visits and other PR activity to promote Wales and the Welsh Government in New York and North East US region.
Attend conferences, events and seminars that offer opportunities to promote Wales as a business-friendly location.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 1-3 years professional experience in international business, preferably with a proven track record of fostering strong business relationships.
- Ability and credibility to deal with companies/organizations at a senior level.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong networking skills.
- Comfortable with initiating and handling introductory calls to relevant companies.
- Knowledge of the business environments in Wales, the UK and the US.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential, plus fluency with online and social media networks.
- Ability to undertake occasional travel within the US and the UK.
- Familiarity with current economic, political and cultural issues in Wales, or an ability to learn.
- Ability to act as a credible representative for the WG in a wide range of public settings, in any of the fields for which the WG has responsibility.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment. Individuals who are Green Card holders, UK/US dual citizens, and non US taxpaying citizens will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted by 1 March 2017. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy and its Consulates are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.