View Vacancy - Information Technology Support Officer- INTERNAL VACANCY - (RUS078)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Information Technology Support Officer (ITSO) to assist the IT Team Leader to deliver basic IT support to 250+ customers across three missions in Russia: Moscow, St Petersburg and Yekaterinburg. The ITSO will be part of the Corporate Services team based in Moscow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the IT Help Desk in the UK to resolve IT relates problems;
- Proactively maintain and support the Firecrest system and infrastructure;
- To ensure the security of all systems and to ensure that breaches of security are reported and investigated thoroughly;
- Provide email and telephone support for users;
- Work with key stakeholders in the missions to install and set up IT solutions for various projects, i.e office moves;
- Work with the Knowledge Department in the UK to overhaul FCO provided IT for the Russia Network and introduce new technology;
- Promote the use of IT in all three missions;
- Liaise with key stakeholders on IT set up for events, meetings and promotions;
- Deputise for the IT Team Leader when they are absent;
- Ensure that at least 5 days of personal development are undertaken each year to enhance professional IT knowledge and skills.
- Proficient level of written and spoken English;
- Previous relevant experience in IT and Customers Services;
- Ability to work with a broad range of customers;
- Ability to review, develop and improve existing systems / procedures;
- Proven ability to learn and promote self-development;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Availability to work additional hours if required;
- Availability to travel within Russia and overseas.
- Knowledge of the Russian language;
- Knowledge of network and server configurations.
This vacancy is open exclusively for internal FCO Local Staff and spouses / partners of Diplomats.
This is a part-time permanent contract, 18 hours per week, Monday from 09:00 to 16:00 (1 hour lunch), Tuesday to Thursday from 09:00 to 13:00 (15 minutes break).
The monthly salary for this position is 35,510 gross (A2), paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Applicants must hold a full passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: United Kingdom, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and EU countries living (and eligible to work) in Moscow.
All applicants should submit a scanned copy of their passport bio page and resident permit (when completing your application, you will be given the option to attach documents).
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.