View Vacancy - Security Assistant - S2 - Colombo
Length of the contract: 2 Years
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Security Assistant will work on a roster providing day-to-day security at the High Commission. He will report directly to the Security Supervisor, and will serve as a key member of the High Commission Guard Force.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Security checks of all personnel and vehicle traffic (Staff and Outsiders) on a daily basis
- Maintain of security logs
- Day / Night Patrolling at the High Commission and at the Residence
- Night clocking rounds
- Operating and provide support on VHF and HF Radios
- Liaise with visitors and staff in English on a daily basis
- Working at the Reception and Telephone switchboard as required
WHAT WE DO
The British High Commission in Colombo is part of a world-wide network of 140 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
You must be a confident communicator and be able to speak, read and write in English. You should have been educated to GCE “A” level standard or higher and have a minimum of three year’s security experience, preferably in a reputable security firm, military or police.
Working on a 12 Hour Roster (Day and Night) for a maximum of 48 Hours per week. Security Assistant has to work over the weekend and on Holidays based on the monthly roster.
· Should be proactive in performing the duties and in helping others
· Good communication skills in Sinhala/Tamil and English.
· Be an active team players with proven ability to work using own initiative
· Should have enthusiastic attitude and willingness to deliver a professional customer service
· Be friendly and helpful and able to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, the basic salary will be Rs.39,384 per month+ Allowance paid monthly in arrears x 13 times a year.
The selected candidate and the family members (Conditions Apply) will be covered with the office medical Insurance. The organisation will contribute towards EPF & ETF.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management and appraisal system linked to an annual performance bonus. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, paid sick leave provision, good development opportunities and an organisational culture of respect and equality.
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) else the application will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.