View Vacancy - Trade and Investment Officer A2, Madrid (ESP86)
The British Embassy in Spain is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Trade and Investment officer to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The successful candidate will have the important role of helping UK businesses to export and grow in the Spanish market. They will encourage Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to the UK and support the DIT Spain High Value Life Sciences Campaign, contributing to achieving team targets and objectives as set out in the Spain Post Financial Plan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research the market and assist the Line Manager to develop, organize and deliver key activities and events to promote trade in my specialist sectors, both in Spain and in the UK.
- Develop relationships with key contacts and stakeholders in my specialist sectors in Spain and in the UK.
- Identify trade opportunities for UK companies who wish to grow their business in Spain and facilitate their relationship with potential business partners, buyers and/or distributors; arrange and attend appointments for them with local companies.
- Perform general administration duties; maintain the filing system and CDMS databases up to date.
- Provide support where needed to the Director DIT Madrid and other officers.
- Identify and generate leads for foreign direct investment (FDI) through scanning press, attending events and carrying out research.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (C level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), verbal and written, with excellent communications skills.
- International trade or investment promotion work experience;
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with external contacts and partners to deliver team’s objectives.
- Knowledge of market economy and potential high value opportunities.
- Knowledge, experience and/or strong interest in high-tech sectors.
- Previous experience in organizing events.
- Previous experience in delivering against targets.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants should have the right to live and work in Spain. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (37.5 hours per week) for a permanent contract.
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy based on gross annual salary.
Regarding taxation, the Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.