View Vacancy - Political Internship
Main purpose of job:
To provide administrative and research support to the Political Team in the British Embassy, particularly in the areas of Brazilian politics, justice, human rights and cyber.
This is a challenging position within the Political Team at the British Embassy. The successful candidate will have the chance to work face-to-face with diplomats and official visitors, and be involved in the diplomatic life of an Embassy. He/she will make a real difference to the Political Team at an important moment in the development of UK-Brazil relations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carrying out research on Brazilian politics, justice, human rights and cyber.
- Assisting on project related activities.
- Organising meetings, booking venues and requesting transport and travel.
- Assisting on events planning/management and training exercises.
- Preparing other documents for the team as required.
- Translating documents, as required.
- At least on the 3rd semester but not less than 6 months from graduating from university in International Relations, Political Science, Law or similar subjects..
- Written and oral fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Good communication skills in both Portuguese and English.
- He/she must also be enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Outlook and MS Office packages.
A good understanding of Brazilian politics and the Brazilian legal system would be a strong advantage.
This opportunity is closed to applications.