View Vacancy - Senior Business Development Manager – Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing (DEU045)
The British Consulate-General in Munich is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Business Development Manager – Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing (AEM) to be part of the Department for International Trade Team (DIT).
The UK is the most attractive inward investment market in Europe. Boosting this inward investment even further is at the top of the British Government’s priorities. This Senior Business Development Manager role plays an important part in delivering that success. The post-holder will develop strategies and lead the implementation of the AEM campaigns aimed at delivering DIT goals for increased investment in the field of Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing between Germany and UK. He/she will be adept at building and maintaining strong network contacts on C-level in order to develop enduring and successful commercial partnerships between Germany and British interests. He/she will identify and actively target Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing key account customers in the German Market who have the potential to invest in the UK, manage projects, giving advice and assistance to potential and existing German investors and bring investment projects to a successful conclusion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the implementation of the AEM campaigns aimed at delivering DIT goals for increased investment in the field of AEM between Germany and UK;
- To accompany Ambassador, British Ministers and senior officials to C-level meetings and provide high-quality and expert written and oral briefing;
- To identify and strategically target Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing key account customers on the German market who have the potential to invest in the UK and/or to expand their existing activities. Good understanding and knowledge of German supply chains in the field Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing and their links to key accounts;
- To build strong customer relationships with the above key account companies in the German Advance Engineering & Manufacturing sector, leveraging external contacts to maximize exposure. This includes working credibly at the most senior levels of decision making;
- To advise and provide assistance to potential and existing German investors to bring investment projects to a successful conclusion in cooperation with UK Headquarter sector teams, regional teams and local partners. Promote the UK as a location for investment through the organisation of and participation in public relations and networking events;
- Maintain excellent knowledge of the UK industrial and business landscape, the tools and initiatives available to attract foreign investment;
- Ability to provide strategic insight to other government departments and official institutions, reporting market trends and investor sentiment.
- Fluent in German and English, both oral and written;
- Good knowledge of the German and UK Business Environments;
- Experience of working in a policy context as well as in an international environment;
- Ability to think strategically, develop strategies and spot new opportunities; proven track record and success in this area;
- To build and maintain strong network contacts on C-level in order to develop enduring and successful commercial partnerships between Germany and British interests;
- Strong personal impact; able convincingly to engage senior business figures;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent project management and prioritisation skills;
- Strong key account management experience;
- Ability to research and analyse complex information.;
- Self Starter – ability to work well on own initiative;
- Good IT skills, especially MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of the German and/or UK Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing Sector, including Rail and civil Aviation;
- Sound knowledge of German OEM’s and connected supply chains underneath, with;
- Nuanced understanding of the potential ramifications of Brexit and strategies to address this;
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management software.
This is a full-time, position of 2 years with possibility of extension with 6 months of probation period.
Staff recruited by the British Consulate-General are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to German employment law.
The British Consulate-General is strongly committed to helping its staff develop the skills they need. The Foreign Office offers a wide range of relevant training courses and wider opportunities for personal development. Some degree of home working will be possible in this role.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
All applicants interested in this job opportunity should have the legal right to live and work in Germany. The British Consulate-General does not sponsor work permits.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Germany in order to apply. Any non-EU national applicants must have an unrestricted residence and work permit for Germany at the time of application.
Please be advised that the British Consulate-General will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.