View Vacancy - Driver
The British Consulate General in Jeddah has a vacancy for a Driver, Grade S1 (L) position.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team of Consulate drivers, to drive staff, visitors and residents to meetings and functions safely and on time.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work within a small team of Consulate drivers.
- To drive staff to meeting and functions safely and on time.
- To ensure section vehicles are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- To be responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times.
- Managing a Quality Service- Plan, organise and manage time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at pace - Effectiveness in this area means focussing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Leading and Communicating – Put forward own views in a clear and constructive manner, choosing the appropriate communication method.
- High standard of driving.
- Ability to speak Arabic fluently.
- Must have a Saudi driving licence.
- Must have local knowledge of Jeddah.
- Good spoken English.
- Information Technology user.
- Team player.
- Ability to remain flexible.
- Previous experience of driving for diplomatic mission is desirable.
- Knowledge of Western region is desirable.
- Previous driving experience.
- Sound interpersonal skills and effective oral and written ability.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 4,536.46 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable. Free access to on site swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 05 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Consulate General in Jeddah is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.