View Vacancy - BK - Interns (Assistant to Ambassador's Office and Event Coordinator)
We are looking to recruit two (2) Interns to work as Assistant to Ambassador's Office and as Event Coordinator for a short period of approximately 119 days.
ASSISTANT TO AMBASSADOR'S OFFICE INTERN:
- Updating and maintaining Ambassador’s office contact database
- Ensuring database information is accurate, up-to-date and clearly defined
- Managing process of Private Office invitations for the Queen’s Birthday Party (QBP) including checking correction of invitee names, checking printed name on invitation, preparing address labels and handling postal delivery service
- Monitoring and keeping track of RSVPs for Ambassador's Office invitations for the Queen’s Birthday Party; including answering QBP invitation-related inquiries and making calls to follow up with some of senior high rankings/VIPs contacts as per requested by the Ambassador's office
- Minute taking for all QBP meetings and other additional administrative tasks instructed by Ambassador's office.
- Liaising with UK-Thai Companies for QBP sponsorship
- Communicate and work closely with Ambassador's office to update work process
EVENT COORDINATOR INTERN:
- Coordinate arrangements on providing Embassy guest list for QBP, including coordinating the invitation process and RSVPs for the whole Embassy
- Oversight, auctioning, and delegation of QBP mailbox
- Work closely with QBP planning committee and provide regular updates on planning points and raise any concerns to QBP committee
- Liaison with wider BE staff on press handling/security/and VIP handling
- Coordination of banners and displays/messaging
- Day to day coordinate and provide general assistance as required by QBP committee
- Assist on QBP clerical duty including taking meeting records, arranging regular QBP committee meeting, distributing minutes/reports, keeping all files record etc
- Keep track of sponsorship letters and bids, working closely with Private Office and Corporate Services
- liaise with Corporate Service on budget monitoring and management
- Provide detailed briefing notes ahead of event to BE Staff volunteers
- Provide support on the evening of QBP event, subjected to QBP committee recommendation
- Good spoken and written English and Thai languages
- Computer literacy especially MS Excel spreadsheet
- Good attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines and work with own initiative
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Sense of discretion
These positions are being advertised as internship roles with a minimum period of 119 days contract duration.
To be eligible for an internship at the British Embassy, you must be a Thai citizen or permanent resident or hold a valid work permit.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Thailand in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
All applications should be submitted before the deadline at 23:55 (Bangkok Time) on 05 March 2017.
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes. You should note that if you submit an incomplete application, your application may not be considered.
Review your application and attachments before you click on submit, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
We recommend all applicants to understand the Civil Service competences before applying for any role and in preparation for interviews. For more information, you can visit our website - https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/about/recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. Interviews are targeted to take place on third week of March 2017 or earlier.
Start date is subject to change. Ideally, the successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
You are advised to check your FCO application centre and email regularly for any update on your application status.
This opportunity is closed to applications.