View Vacancy - Temporary Junior Visa Assistant
The British Embassy in Riyadh has vacancies for Junior Visa Assistants, Grade A1 (L) position in the UK Visas and Immigration Section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input of data onto computer systems
- Process and dispatch documents as directed
- Assist with application retrievals and searches
- Photocopy, scan and faxing of documents as directed
- Participating fully in the induction process
- Any other assistance necessary as required by ECM in the delivery of the objectives of the Visa Section.
- Carrying out AD HOC administrative tasks as and when required.
- Delivering at Pace - Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- A working knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to work as part of a team and be adaptable to new working methods.
- The ability to prioritise work effectively when under pressure.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Urdu language.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 5,470.84 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable.
Free access to on site swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court. This is a full time fixed term contract for three months, with a possibility for extension.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 07 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.