View Vacancy - Corporate Services and Consular Officer
The British Consulate General, Erbil has a vacancy for a Corporate Services and Consular Officer, Grade A2 (L) position.
To ensure all Financial, Logistics and Protocol for British Consulate General in Erbil are running efficiently, effectively and in line with established guidelines. To support the Vice Consul with Consular work where required. The Corporate Services Officer and Consular needs to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed and resourceful colleague who can support the Corporate Services Manager. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the ability to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Consulate’s official cash accounts- USD and IQD, including preparation of monthly checks and replenishment of cash box.
- Ensure compliance with FCO accounting principles.
- Maintain financial record keeping in accordance with FCO and audit guidance.
- Close liaison with the Consulate’s bank to resolve payment issues, statements and authorised signatories.
- Interface with customers on all accounting/financial issues.
- Record services provided to Partners across the UK Government and produce their monthly bills (e.g. UK Ministry of Defence, Department for International Development, etc.).
- Process visas and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) ID cards for Diplomatic staff of the Embassy.
- Facilitate airport/terminal passes, vehicle registration, residency cards with Kurdistan Regional Government Authorities.
- Filing of Corporate Services records.
- Supply and allocate office equipment, materials, stationery and vehicles. This includes: preparation of specifications, tenders; obtaining and negotiating prices; obtaining quotations; placing orders and processing invoices according to FCO rules and guidance.
- Ensure that goods purchased meet quality, quantity and delivery specifications, and advice on suppliers who fail to meet specifications.
- Keep Consulate Welcome Pack up to date.
- Maintain the asset inventory.
Consular and Other
- Cover Vice Consul during absence.
- Checking the Erbil Enquires Email on a daily basis.
- Any other tasks as required by the CSM or Deputy Consul General.
- Organising room booking for visitors.
- Organising transport for visitors.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
- Collaborating & Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Demonstrating Resilience - This is about helping our people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
- Leading and Communicating - Display enthusiasm around goals and activities – adopting a positive approach when interacting with others.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Numerate and have a good head for figures.
- Excellent IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Customer focussed with good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Arabic and Kurdish language would be highly desirable.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary for this role is US $1,525 payable 13 times per year. In addition a monthly security allowance of $200 is payable. The allowance is subject to review and may be altered or withdrawn at any time.
Normal working hours are Sunday - Wednesday 0800 – 1600 and Thursday 0800-1400. The annual leave entitlement is 20 days. Other benefits include the British Consulate General Erbil medical scheme (which also covers dependants) and access to subsidised restaurant facilities.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 3 month probationary period.
The closing date for all applications is 06 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a competence based Interview at which a written test will also be conducted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
The British Consulate General in Erbil is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Iraqi employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.