View Vacancy - Regional Financial Manager
The Regional Finance Manager will lead on the delivery of key Finance Management activity for British Embassies, High Commissions and other Offices located in the region. The role of the Regional Finance Hub is to provide key financial services to customers across the region and to provide a strategic and professional capability to support the organisation deliver its objectives. The role reports to the Financial Business Partner for the region [based in the UK] and will deliver through their Finance hub team.
Purpose of job:
The Regional Finance Manager will manage a team of Financial Account Managers delivering a range of services within that region. They will monitor offices in the region to ensure financial compliance and to develop and manage finance policies and processes which are globally consistent.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Financial Account Managers, coordinating their work and ensuring the account managers meet their Service Level Agreements/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Provide financial advice and support to stakeholders in the region and the UK.
- Manage the balance sheet accounts against the Posts in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively passed to Finance Business Partners.
- Apply any changes in accounting policy, directed by Finance Directorate, across the region.
- Through key stakeholder engagement build up knowledge and understanding of Offices within the region including compliance and performance against KPI’s;
- Oversight of all aspects of the Finance Hub's work, including as a member of the Hub Management Team alongside HR and Procurement Managers.
- Through the team, ensure consistency of application of policies and financial processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs, to include:
- Liaison with and notification to, UK-based Finance Business Partners;
- Debtor management;
- Creditor management;
- Management of identified risks/provisions/contingent liabilities;
- Cash Management, including cash forecasting;
- Fixed Asset verification, management and accounting;
- Other Balance Sheet management to ensure historic/incorrect transactions are cleared;
- Budget Monitoring & forecasting;
- Use of Hyperion & OBIEE to prepare and promote budget & forecast information
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators;
- Spend & cost driver Analysis [liaising with Procurement & HR colleagues];
- Assist with business planning;
- Chart of Accounts usage;
- All employees in the Embassy network are expected, as part of their job, to contribute towards the corporate activity of the organisation.
- Experience of managing a team,
- Experience in preparing monthly management accounts and reporting to senior managers.
- IT literate to an advanced level.
- Experienced user of Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English and Spanish, both written and spoken;
- Accounting qualification – CCAB, CIMA or CPA desirable but will accept MBA, Master’s or post graduate studies specializing in finance.
- 38 conditional working hours a week allowing employees to work flexibly in order to encourage a better work/life balance, 8:00 – 4:30 from Monday to Thursday and 8:00 – 2:00 on Fridays.
- 14 days of public holidays
- 15 days of annual leave during the first year then 20 days on the second year.
- 50% holiday bonus
- 13th Month salary
- Medical Insurance
This role is likely to require some travel, a valid passport is, therefore, essential.
There will be opportunities for continued professional development.
The successful individual will be subject to security vetting;
Any individual applying should declare any issues that may impact Visa applications to the UK or any other country.
This opportunity is closed to applications.