View Vacancy - CPK - Entry Clearance Assistant A1(L) (summer relief)
The Visa Operational Support Unit (VOSU) is responsible for a variety of support functions, which assist the wider visa section in the efficient processing of visa applications. This begins with taking deliveries of applications from our visa applications centres, continues through data entry and general administrative support, and ends with the packing and dispatching of completed applications back to applicants.
Typical tasks for ECA’s include:
- To input data from visa application forms accurately
- To accurately link and stream applications according to risk data
- To distribute files around the visa section
- To unpack, scan and shelve applications
- To prepare completed applications for courier collection
- To assist the Visa Writer team in attaching visas into passports
- To scan and file archived applications
- To assist the management team and wider operation as required
- Ability to work effectively against demanding targets.
- Ability to use initiative in solving problems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications (Windows operating system, Office applications).
- Good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Work experience in a similar environment or a similar role would be advantageous.
We are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference.
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary, good leave entitlement, and insurance plan, etc. The gross monthly salary (before all deductions) is CNY 5,805/ month for Chinese nationals.
A 5% bonus will be paid on completion of the full contract period.
We also offer excellent development opportunities and one (1) day of leave per month.
Net conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week (excluding lunch break), five (5) working days a week with two (2) consecutive days off. It is likely that the five working days could include Saturday or Sunday. There may also be a requirement for flexible shift working between 6AM and 11PM.
For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website http://www.gov.uk/government/world/china.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Beijing is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.
This position is open to Chinese nationals only.
Applicants must be available to work from April/ May 2017 to the end of August 2017.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
Deadline of Applications is at 5PM local time on 07 March 2017.
This opportunity is closed to applications.