View Vacancy - Head of Corporate Services
The British Embassy, Riyadh has a vacancy for a Head of Corporate Services, Grade C4 (L).
The main purpose of this job is to provide, manage and deliver the full Corporate Services offering of; Finance, Human Resources, IT, Estates, Maintenance and Facilitations for the missions based in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar. The HCS line manages 6 direct reports, and has a geographical dispersed team of 29 officers covering a range of responsibilities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage a budget of approx £3.3million, including managing the budget bidding process; aligning resource requirements to business activities planned to meet our Business Objectives.
- To process payments, manage budget forecasts and deliver financial reports to HMA, DHM and various committees as required, informing expenditure decisions.
- To provide effective management for Corporate Services teams across the Kingdom so that UKB and Local Staff have what they need to be able to deliver their objectives in line with our Country Business Plan.
- To lead on ensuring that local policy is in line with FCO guidelines, and changes are communicated within the Missions.
- To build a relationship and be the main point of contact for the HR\Finance\Procurement hubs, working with local leads to ensure the processes are adhered to and changes are effectively rolled out to the wider staff community.
- To lead on procurement of high value contracts, including Facilities Management and Medical.
- To maintain a relationship with the Honorary Legal Advisor and key stakeholders, allowing the Embassy to review and feed into policy on legal matters and provide updates on labour law changes to the Regional HR hub.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes: Effectives in this area is about having a commercial, financial and sustainable mindset to ensure all activities and services are delivering added value and working to stimulate economic growth.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focussing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams - ideally a broad spectrum of people within a diverse business environment.
- Experience of managing projects and contracts.
- Team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
- Strong customer focus and ability to deliver quality service
- Collaborative approach to colleague and stakeholder partnerships
- Have a proven record of organisational ability.
- Written and spoken Arabic language skills
- Hyperion, audit, people management.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 19,478 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable.
Free access to on site swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position holder will report to the Deputy Head of Mission (DHM). Though based in Riyadh you will be expected to travel regularly to both Jeddah & Al Khobar. Regional travel may also be required from time to time.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy. This position is only available to those persons to whom security clearance can be granted (UK, US, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand nationals).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 2 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.