View Vacancy - HK - Consular Contact Centre Shift Leader A2 (INTERNAL VACANCY)
The British Consular Network in Hong Kong is looking for a Consular Contact Centre Shift Leader based in Hong Kong.
The Consular Contact Centre plays a key role in that modernisation programme, receiving thousands of phone calls and emails from customers from across all regions in the world, on a wide range of topics, from a lost passport to a missing person. As a customer-oriented team, the Consular Contact Centre is dedicated to providing the best service possible, even when dealing with difficult and sensitive information.
This centre is the front line for customers, and the first contact they have with much of the Foreign Office. The job involves providing first contact to our consular customers across the globe, whether that is by email / social media or calls. The role of the Shift Leader is to assess the nature of contact and deciding on action, whether that be resolve, escalate or signpost, making certain the customer is given the right information and ensuring consistency across regions.
Consular work can be challenging and varied, and the Shift Leader will supervise the efficient running of the centres via tools used by the Global Consular Contact Centres for resource management, resilience and business as usual needs, to be able to offer a first rate service to our consular customers. This role will lead the shift delivering services, monitoring incidents and accidents involving British nationals and ensuring our response is appropriate and effective, flagging up to the Ops Manager any critical issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving calls and emails during shift time, responding accordingly and recording actions taken, the Shift Leader will deal with difficult customers and complaints (escalations);
- Logging cases on our database, passing calls and cases to Consulates around the Network; Leading on all aspects of first contact with a focus on enquiry handling.
- Prepare weekly rosters by taking into account the following:
- Analyse data and call patterns to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained at all times;
- CC staff absences/ post closures and staff language skills. To ensure that there are language speakers available;
- Prepare data in relation to all key performance indicators (KPI).
Stakeholder / Post Management
- Responsibility for ensuring core scripts and guidance are consistent with FCO policy and service in line with SLA;
- Responsibility for Post Essential Information (PEI) and contact information, ensuring it is accurate and up to date;
- Developing our scripts and essential tools to ensure handlers are able to provide essential information for over 100 countries.
Customer Knowledge Management
- Assisting the Customer Experience Team with call data received, ensuring that all data is recorded accurately and anomalies reported for action;
- Being a key part of our customer knowledge management and quality control initiatives, helping to collate accurate feedback on what our customers are saying and helping to test the quality of our service.
- Fluency in English (C level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), verbal and written, with excellent communications skills
- Intermediate level of the Microsoft Office suite
- Availability to work unsocial hours
- Strong customer service skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Previous experience working with a contact centre or customer service environment
- Proficiency in any other language will be an advantage
This is an internal only campaign.
Applicants must seek line manager approval before applying. All applications must be received on or before 12noon on 1 March 2017 (Wednesday). Late applications will not be acknowledged and only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
This opportunity is closed to applications.