View Vacancy - Cross-mission coordinator - B3
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To act as the lynchpin between Private Office and the rest of the mission, driving cross-mission coherence and cross-cutting activities. This is a key role at the heart of the High Commission, essential to making it work effectively and in supporting the one-HMG agenda. In addition you will take a lead role in the coordination of UK visits to BHC Dhaka.
It is a wide ranging job, in a small team within one of the UK’s biggest overseas missions. You will need to be a real team player, willing to adapt to different tasks and demands as they arise, including rolling up your sleeves to cover when required for your colleagues in the Private Office team. You will need excellent organisational and inter-personal skills, problem solving abilities and be able to manage competing demands effectively. You will need to be able to build relationships that enable you to get the best from and through others while delivering sometimes difficult or unwelcome messages, including to senior people.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective outreach to cross-mission colleagues, including senior management, to ensure the HC and DHC’s time is spent on what matters and has most impact.
- Ensure cross-mission governance and communications is effective: including acting as Secretary for the senior cross-mission committees such as Senior Leadership Team and 1HMG Committee; and taking responsibility for ensuring cross-mission initiatives led by the HC and DHC are supported.
Maintain oversight and control of the cross-Mission visits calendar ensuring that there is transparency, cohesion and that standards for visits are met cross the mission. You may need to take a more hands-on role in VIP or other visits where HC or DHC are personally involved.
Private Office and Chancery support
- Provide higher classification or absence cover for the B3(UK) Chief of Staff and A2(L) PA/DHC.
- Undertake other responsibilities to support Private Office and Chancery, including those requiring cleared UKB support.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Is able to combine friendliness, approachability and empathy with resilience and discretion.
- Is a good communicator, with good drafting and oral presentation skills.
- Able to work independently, and flexibly.
- Has excellent organisational skills, able to manage competing demands effectively.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and strong sense of maintaining complete confidentiality at all times.
- Has good IT skills and an eye for detail.
- Is good at problem solving, able to spot emerging issues and take appropriate proactive measures.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary rage will be Taka 86,923 – 122,575. There will be 15% tax abatement for candidates who are not liable to pay Income Tax in Bangladesh. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. The position also attracts an element of additional responsibility allowance of 25,000 Taka per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
- Complete the Online Job Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references.
Because of the security clearance requirement only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply:
UK or other EU country, Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand. British citizens must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years.
However, applications will be considered from candidates working overseas for HM Government in the past ten years or who already hold adequate security clearance.
Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.