View Vacancy - INTERNAL VACANCY: Entry Clearance Manager
The British Embassy, Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for the post of an Entry Clearance Manager, Grade C4 (L).
The position holder will be responsible for managing in a way that enhances the performance and develops the potential of all staff within the department, preventing immigration abuse and protecting integrity of the systems and bringing communities together and improving the UK’s competitiveness as a destination for travel, trade, migration & investment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage resources and oversee processes to ensure that visa applications are assessed and reviewed to a high standard of decision quality that Customer Service Standards are met and exceeded and that UKVI Operating Mandate is adhered to.
- To motivate and support visa section staff through effective line management, by providing practical guidance and clear goals and ensuring regular constructive dialogue and open communication.
- To promote and uphold high professional standards, endorsed by personal example and encourage individual responsibility for maintaining the overall professionalism and integrity of the Visa Section.
- To ensure all management controls are in place and checks are carried out in accordance with Best Practice guidelines and that statistical returns are fully and correctly completed within time limits.
- To manage resources proactively to ensure an effective response to changing demands and priorities including by active change management.
Seeing the Big Picture: Develop understanding of how own and team’s work supports achievement of Departmental priorities and delivery to the citizen.
Changing and Improving: It is about creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks.
Making Effective Decisions: Demonstrate accountability and make unbiased decisions. Examine complex information and obtain further information to make accurate decisions.
Leading and Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Previous Entry Clearance Officer experience
- Understanding of UKVI section and operation
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- A working knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to work as part of a team and be adaptable to new working methods.
- The ability to prioritise work effectively when under pressure.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: salary of AED 19,388 per month inclusive of all allowances, Grade C4(L); 25 days per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities. The contract will be a 2 Year Fixed term contract.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 14:30 from Sunday to Thursday.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain security clearance. Higher clearances can be granted only to certain nationalities. For this reason, candidates must be of British, American, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand nationality in order to gain the level of clearance required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 05 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.