View Vacancy - INTERNAL VACANCY: BA Entry Clearance Officer
The British Embassy, Riyadh has a vacancy for a BA Entry Clearance Officer to join its UK Visas & Immigration department.
To provide high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa application processing which meets published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to business targets to assess and resolve UK visa applications in accordance with the UK's Immigration Rules, making decisions to issue or refuse.
- To prepare refusal notices where required, and to note records accurately, using clear and concise language.
- To deal with correspondence and other enquiries.
- To deal professionally with all customers, whether on telephone or in person, to the Visa Section, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
- Managing a Quality Service- Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Leading and Communicating- Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Delivering at Pace- Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Delivering value for money- It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Changing and Improving- It’s about being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done and working in smarter, more focused ways.
- Collaborating and Partnering- People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Must have completed and passed the Full ECO training.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain a network of business relationships.
- Must be security cleared to Confidential or be willing to undertake vetting to obtain this security clearance.
- High-level organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, proactively identify and resolve potential problems.
- Previous experience in client/customer relations, and maintaining and supporting a network of contacts.
- Arabic speaker an advantage.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary for this role is SAR 9,953.12 per month including Eid bonus and housing allowances. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable. This is a fixed term contract starting from 15 March 2017 until 31 August 2017.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week. During peak visa period’s staff may be required to work alternate hours/days. We encourage our staff to have a good work-life balance.
Please note that annual leave is likely to be limited during busy periods, including the summer and other holidays.
Must be willing to travel regularly and at short notice if required.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us. This position is only available to those persons to whom a security clearance can be granted (UK, US, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand nationals).
The closing date for all applications is 06 March 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.