View Vacancy - Embassy Residence Manager and Receptionist AO (03/23 CHD)
Main purpose of job:
The Residence Manager and Receptionist role will be an essential team member of the new British Embassy building in N’Djamena. The main function of the Receptionist / Residence Manager is to deliver excellent customer service and visitor management, as well as play an essential role in the smooth running of events and to provide assistance in the overall running of the embassy and residence buildings. This person should be a positive and friendly member of staff at the front of house to ensure the smooth running of the Embassy and the Ambassador’s Residence.
Learning and development opportunities:
In addition to on-the-job learning, the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office offers a wealth of Learning and Development (L&D) opportunity (on-line and in person) to help staff pursue their professional development. This includes specific training on eg programme management, communications. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a number of mandatory trainings and will then have access to a range of L&D opportunities both in-house and overseas.
Working hours are from 08:00 – 16:15 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 – 13:00 on Friday.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chad are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Chad .
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
This opportunity is closed to applications.