View Vacancy - Human Resources Officer (TUR23.627)
The British Consulate-General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic, consular and defence interests overseas and is now looking for a Human Resources Officer.
Main Purpose of job:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of HR services in Istanbul, and support the Network HR Team. The successful candidate will report directly to the HR Manager and work in close collaboration with the HR Hub Europe & EECAN.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support HR process development and conduct HR programs;
- Manage the orientation & induction plan and onboarding process of the new hires;
- Act as the first point of contact in HR matters;
- Provide day-to-day guidance to employees regarding HR policies, procedures;
- Carrying out the process for S Band recruitments (in Turkish);
- Attending recruitment panels as HR representative when required;
- Managing job advertisements on career portals (kariyer.net, LinkedIn, etc);
- Assist and participate in HR practices such as performance management, trainings and etc.;
- Preparation of HR Analytic Reports when required;
- Update HR reports and staff lists, organograms and induction packs for all Turkey Network;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel files;
- Provide translation, note-taking and interpretation support when needed;
- Assist the HR Team in ad-hoc duties.
Our Ideal Candidate shows:
- Fluent written and spoken Turkish and English (C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources field preferably in a generalist role;
- Overall understanding of the core HR processes (recruitment, reporting, performance management and etc.);
- Direct interaction experience with internal clients;
- Good clerical and drafting skills in both languages;
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Word and Excel;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment;
- Being a good team player who is able to work with little supervision.
Nice to have:
- Experienced in learning and development;
- Knowledge of Turkish labour legislations;
- Previous HR generalist experience;
- Translation skills.
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is $1,750 USD gross, paid in 12 instalments, grade AO. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkiye. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the salaries paid to staff who are exempt from income tax in Turkiye and to those who have already retired from SGK will differ from the salary advertised for the role. Further details can be provided by the local HR team.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.