View Vacancy - AUH - Regional Recruitment Officer (AO)
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional HR Hub is looking for a Regional Recruitment Officer to be based at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi. This is for a fixed term contract of three (3) years, with a possibility of renewal.
The role of the Regional HR Hub is to provide key HR Services (recruitment, pay and reward, talent and performance management and HR enquiries) to customers across the region and to provide a strategic and professional HR capability to support Senior Leaders in delivery of business of objectives. The Regional HR hub forms an integral part of the global HR offer to staff working in the overseas network for the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and leads on all region-specific HR issues in collaboration with the London-based HR Directorate. The role reports to the Recruitment Manager for the MENA region.
The Regional Recruitment Officer will deliver recruitment campaigns for country based staff (CBS) working at British Embassies and other Offices located in the MENA Region. The jobholder will ensure effective and efficient solutions by delivering quality and timely service within the framework of the regional recruitment process.
Duties and responsibilities:
The jobholder will manage the full life-cycle recruitment process for a wide range of positions in the MENA region, delivering professional services and outputs in line with agreed standards and the FCDO’s recruitment policy, enforcing standardised processes whilst balancing the execution with a service-oriented perspective.
- Provide professional recruitment support and advice for hiring managers through all stages of the process.
- Partner with stakeholders to have a thorough understanding of recruitment needs and customisation required for a successful recruitment campaign.
- Provide guidance on FCDO’s recruitment policy and share best practice across different countries in the MENA region.
- Meet agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Provide back up support for fellow Regional Recruitment Officers.
- Ensure correct approvals are in place for audit purposes.
- Arrange and conduct briefing calls with hiring managers and/or Corporate Services Teams to align all details and expectations regarding the process and understand vacancy requirements.
- Discuss and commit with process timelines.
- Provide the necessary guidance and advice on the next steps to be taken.
- Draft the job advert based on information provided by the Hiring Manager as well as checking information stated in the CBS recruitment policy, salary scales and/or in the Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Launch the campaign by advertising on FCDO CBS Vacancies page and other recruitment channels, if applicable.
- Liaise with Post’s Communications teams to post the job advert on the Embassy’s social media channels if necessary.
- Provide regular updates to hiring managers and Corporate Services teams.
- Receive and shortlist suitable candidates based on job advert and sifting criteria previously agreed with the hiring manager.
- Provide a shortlist within agreed SLA.
- Manage interview scheduling with the Hiring Manager.
- Support hiring managers at interview stage by inviting shortlisted candidates to an interview/assessment, gathering candidates’ timeslots preferences and sending the final interview schedule, along with useful templates (individual interview forms and summary report).
- Provide guidance and support if any doubt arises regarding the interviewing process.
- Ensure the Summary Report is completed and submitted by the hiring manager.
- Send out notifications to unsuccessful candidates.
- Send out the notification and provisional offer letter to the successful candidate.
- Give support to security clearance procedure as needed.
- Conduct professional references checks.
- Prepare Letter of Appointment (employment contract) and upon successful security clearance and confirmation of start date from the Corporate Services Team.
Administrative work (20%)
- Manage mailboxes, shared folders, and all recruitment tools in accordance to agreed record management guidelines. Ensure that records are kept accurate and capture critical information about the campaign.
- Regularly review and recommend improvements to recruitment processes, systems/tools and forms used to continually ensure that these remain efficient, add value and are relevant to the business needs.
- Ensure candidate information in the recruitment software is updated in order to provide accurate recruitment data for the Monthly Post Reports and other ad hoc reports requested.
- Collaborate with other HR hub strands on team activities and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Changing and Improving - Seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement. Review ways of working, including seeking and providing feedback.
- Making Effective Decisions - Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Applications will only be considered from those who are currently residing in the UAE and with a current and valid UAE resident visa. Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their UAE resident visa/ Emirates ID as part of their application.
- Applicants must be available in a full time capacity.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a valid UAE police clearance certificate.
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, results-driven and customer service oriented. Keenly aware of customer requirements and how to drive customer satisfaction.
- High-level organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines/ targets, proactively identify and resolve potential problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative as well as being able to manage and work well with others in a team.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- Ability to handle confidential employee issues/ information and interact with colleagues and stakeholders in a professional and sensitive manner at all times.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in recruitment, ideally in a shared service or multinational organisation.
- Experience in using applicant tracking systems.
- Experience working within the GCC or wider MENA region.
- Experience of working in an international organisation and/or public sector, ideally in the UAE or in the UK.
- Holds a recognised HR qualification (CIPD/SHRM or equivalent).
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 11,363 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Effective 01 January 2022, the Embassy will be open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week (including breaks), and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
Flexible working arrangements may be considered based on operational requirements and agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a copy of UAE resident visa and passport (all in one file); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (UAE local time) on 15 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted. Any assessments and/ or interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.