View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to the Ambassador (DNK22.350)
The British Embassy in Copenhagen is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Personal Assistant to the Ambassador.
The Personal Assistant plays a key role in ensuring the efficient working of the Ambassador’s office alongside the Head of the Ambassador’s Office and Hospitality Manager. This entails ensuring effective management of the Ambassador’s diary and internal and external correspondence, arranging internal and external meetings and collating briefings. They also help arrange logistics for travel and events.
To deliver the job successfully, the Personal Assistant needs to have good organisational skills, the ability to develop and make good use of a network of contacts across a range of different fields including government, politics, business and civil society. The ability to multi-task and work quickly and accurately under pressure is key.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Diary Management for Her Majesty’s Ambassador (HMA)
- Organising meetings in accordance with HMA objectives and priorities
- Liaison with senior officials to arrange meetings for HMA
- Maintaining relationships with counterparts at other Embassies, Danish Government and other relevant organisations
- Managing correspondence on behalf of HMA
- Drafting Note Verbales and letters on behalf of HMA
- Booking flights and accommodation on behalf of HMA
- Ensuring that HMA has valid visas, advances, and documentation for overseas visits
- Arranging video and telephone conferences
- Taking minutes at Embassy meetings
- Management of HMA’s Expenses
- Official mail: collection/delivery
Undertake any ad-hoc duties to help meet the Embassy objectives
- Fluent English (C1 level or above under the CEFR*) and Danish (minimum C1 level*).
- Personal Assistant experience
- Previous experience in an international organisation
- High level of networking and communicating skills
- Ability to work at pace
Project Management skills
This is a full-time permanent contract of 35 hours net per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Denmark in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Copenhagen are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Danish employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Denmark and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.