View Vacancy - MNL - Senior Regional Finance Officer , AO
The British Embassy Manila is a large diplomatic mission delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives on prosperity, security and consular matters. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer where everyone contributes to the Embassy’s WORC Values of Wellbeing, Opportunity, Respect and Collaboration.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Supplier Maintenance and PO Processing
- Receive, examine and process requisitions. Ensure that all requisitions are made in compliance with the FCDO’s procurement policy.
- Create Purchase Order (PO) within agreed timelines based on the data obtained from requisition and sends back to requisitioner.
- Confer with Requisitioners from different overseas missions to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Set-up, maintain and amend Purchasing Suppliers on Prism and banking platforms.
- Set-up Distribution Sets templates in the system.
- Receive, review and validate requests to ensure it meets the standard. Set-up supplier records in the system.
- Perform 3-way PO matching invoices; analyze and resolve invoice discrepancies in accordance to the standard process.
- Review all invoices, staff claims and travel advances for appropriate documentation (ie. Staff claim forms) and approval prior to payment. Enter invoices to the system within 24 hours of receipt in the mailbox with allowance for overseas missions in old SLAs
- Process debit memos and coordinate with AR to invoice or re-invoice for any adjustments related to staff debtors and supplier’s refunds.
- Review validity and completeness of supporting documentations of invoices, staff claims and travel advances prior to creating payment batch for a particular overseas mission
- Upload Prelim Pay register within the agreed timeline
- Posting of all receipts and other AR transactions onto Oracle timely and accurately. The expectation is that postings occur the same day the visa/consular certificate was received.
- Maintaining thorough, well-organized certificates files by sorting and filing by overseas mission.
- Ensure network post spreadsheets are being processed and reconciled to PRISM on a monthly basis
- Process, transmit and run transactions for excess funds to UK and other interaccount transfers.
- Perform bank reconciliations- reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts.
- Perform reconciliation of Check A – cash, bank, and network post spreadsheet as well as generation of various reports to support the reconciliation. Liaises with Corporate Services Team to confirm balances as of a certain date
With Vendor Management/Accounts Payable experience in a fast-paced BPO/shared service environment
- Language: English
- Level of language required : Fluency in verbal & written English
- Diploma/Degree holder in Finance or equivalent
- Exposure to financial systems and Microsoft applications such as excel and outlook
- Customer service experience is an advantage
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.