View Vacancy - Driver
We are seeking an experienced and flexible driver to join our team in Chancery within the British Embassy in Washington, DC. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a professional and secure transportation service for staff and visitors. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced driver interested in supporting specific visits and the wider Chancery office.
- Provide Transportation to all levels of Diplomatic, Military and VIP personnel
- Support visits manager in the planning of visits, to include liaison with law enforcement colleagues and Other Government Departments, providing security reassurance and advice on driving distances/timings/routes
- Full compliance with Embassy Transport Policy
- Management of maintenance schedule for office vehicle
- Inputting of contact data on to IT systems
- Perform other duties as assigned, including basic admin support within wider team
- Minimum 6 years driving experience
- Experience in driving Diplomatic, Military or Senior personnel preferred
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Basic administration/IT skills, including Microsoft Office, to perform data entry, internet research, and schedule appointments
- Impeccable driving record with clean driving licence
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional early mornings and late evenings
- Team player
- Knowledge of the DC Metro area
- Completion of further training related to the role and regular refresher training
- Flexibility to perform other duties as required
Applicant must be able to obtain Secret or DV clearance.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted by 23 May 2017. Internal candidates must inform the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law
This opportunity is closed to applications.