View Vacancy - Administrative Intern – British Consulate Belo Horizonte
Main purpose of job:
The purpose of this role is to support the planning and organisation of the daily activities for the British Consulate General in Belo Horizonte and work as a direct report to the Consul.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate and collaborate in a wide range of projects including, but not limited to, Political reporting, Climate & Environment and Trade & Investment.
There is a close collaboration and support of other teams in the Brazil Network (Embassy in Brasilia and Consulates in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Recife) for activities in Minas Gerais.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to develop skills in project management, networking and public speaking.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the Consul to deliver his responsibilities by managing his diary, scheduling meetings, booking travel arrangements and liaising with internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead administrative activities for strategic projects with oversight of the Consul;
- Research for the creation of briefings and reports on the British Consulate’s priority sectors including, but not limited to Politics, Climate & Environment and Trade & Investment;
- Support the drafting of e-mails, briefings and official letters;
- Support the organisation of events and other networking activities;
We are looking for someone with genuine enthusiasm and professional drive, who can adapt quickly and effectively in a high-paced working environment. The successful candidate will engage with many external stakeholders from a diverse range of areas and sectors, with the opportunity to develop professional interpersonal and networking skills.
Essential on arrival:
- Students of, but not limited to, Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Economics, Business Administration, or Human Resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Attention to detail
- Working in a team
- Proactive, self-starter
- Eager to learn on the job and develop professionally
Language: Portuguese / English
Level of language required: Fluent / Intermediary
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
To be determined, depending on candidate’s weekly class schedule at university.
This opportunity is closed to applications.