View Vacancy - Project Officer - Conflict Security and Stability Fund Programme (ALB19.663)
The Conflict Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) is a cross government fund, which supports and delivers activity to tackle instability and to prevent conflicts that threaten UK interests.
The British Embassy in Tirana is seeking a Project Officer that will be responsible for delivery of projects under the Conflict Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) programme in Albania, under the Media strand.
The main role of the job is ensuring value for money and policy impact of the projects funded, and provide technical as well as project management expertise to facilitate regional and bilateral programming in the country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and implement a portfolio of CSSF - funded projects, in the field of media, procuring and working together with other embassy teams to deliver against programme objectives;
- Support the team in coordinating programme work with internal and external stakeholders, identifying opportunities for collaboration and avoiding duplication;
- Deliver high quality day-to-day project management (prepare narrative and financial project reports, relevant documentation, and responses to inquiries relating to programme work, etc.) including monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Financial management of projects within their portfolio, in line with CSSF best practice, ensuring all projects deliver value for money;
- Monitoring partner work/delivery plans, including providing constructive challenge to implementing partners;
- Support the Programme Manager to identify and address weaknesses in delivery and partner capacity;
- Track budget deliverables using appropriate tools and manage payment solutions and liaison with suppliers and institutions;
- Organise project-related events, visits and activities;
- Lead on the monitoring and evaluation of activity, ensuring the UK is receiving value for money;
- Contribute to effective project documentation– ensuring that terms of reference, procurement frameworks and project bids are accurate and support the Funds delivering against Embassy objectives;
- Collaborate with Press and Public Affairs Officers to effectively publicize project activity and demonstrate tangible results in line with CSSF guidance;
- Ensure cross cutting themes – including gender and human rights – are appropriately addressed by projects as directed by the Programme leads.
- University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject e.g. Journalism, Communication Studies, Social and Political Science or related;
- Proficient level of written and spoken English and Albanian;
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience in a project management role, including evidence of engaging with stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Effective communication and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Experience in financial and narrative reporting;
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and project management results;
- Strong analytical and judgement skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
This is a full-time and fixed term contract of 1 year with the possibility of renewal, for 5 working days (36 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 127,626 ALL gross per month.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and three months probation period.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Albania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tirana are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local (Albanian) employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.