View Vacancy - Office Manager (01/19 PH)
To manage the day to day operations of Port Harcourt office
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing the smooth day to day operations of the Port Harcourt office
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintaining daily financial records and monthly Network post Accounting Spreadsheet (NPAs).
- Maintaining health and safety policies and managing the policy enforcement.
- Facility Management
- Ensure that property is up to FCO standards by keeping an Up-to-date PCA file
- Adherence and enforcement of procurement policies and procedures. Evaluating suppliers, products, and services, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Relationship Management of vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring prompt payment systems.
- Providing logistic support for visiting officers (booking of accommodation and transportation)
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date transport booking calendar
- Meeting, training and event planning.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees. Post Security Officers duties (PSO)
- Receiving, preparing and dispatching of Diplomatic bags
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Line management responsibility.
- Supervising and Monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing ad hoc tasks as needed
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Office Monthly Budget
- Drivers X 2
- Technical Works Group (TWG) X 1
- Cleaner / Receptionist / Store Keeper X 1
- University Degree
- Over 3 Years working experience as an office manager
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience in budget and facilities management
- Excellent Communication skills
- Monday to Thursday: 07:30 am - 03:30 pm
- Friday: 07:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Port Harcourt are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.