View Vacancy - Regional Financial Account Manager - British Embassy Washington
The Regional Financial Account Manager will monitor the operational delivery of key financial activity for British Embassies, High Commissions and other Offices located in Canada, the US, and the English speaking Caribbean. The role of the Regional Finance Hub is to provide key financial services to customers across the region support the organisation to deliver its objectives. The role reports to the Head of Regional Finance within the region.
This role will undertake a wide range of financial duties on behalf of a number of offices in the region. This will include the monitoring of budgets and forecasts, acting as the first line of financial support and compliance, as well as reporting issues back to Finance Business Partners in the UK. Individuals will also be expected to analyse the balance sheet accounts for the Offices in the region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and process the budgeting, forecasting and reporting (including exception reporting) for a range of offices in the region.
- Liaise with individual Posts and Finance Business Partners in the UK and consolidate information across a region to monitor trends and variances.
- Ensure financial management indicators [FPCIs] are robust and issues resolved appropriately within agreed timescales.
- Analyse the balance sheet accounts against the Offices in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
- Identification and analysis of contingent liabilities, provisions, changes in pension liabilities and monitoring by exception creditors and debtors.
- Provide cash forecast for each Office within the region in advance of each Financial Year.
- Work with Offices to ensure cash management is accurately reported and processes are adhered to [including Other UK Government Departments who may be present].
- Ensure that offline office accounts are submitted on time to Corporate Services Centres located in either Milton Keynes or Manila.
- Ensure consistency across all processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs.
- Operationally, ensure consistency of application of policies and financial processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs.
- Liaison with and notification to, UK-based Finance Business Partners.
- Management of identified risks/provisions/contingent liabilities.
- Cash Management, including cash forecasting.
- Fixed Asset verification, management and accounting.
- Other Balance Sheet management to ensure historic/incorrect transactions are cleared.
- Budget Monitoring & forecasting.
- Use of Hyperion & OBIEE to prepare and promote budget & forecast information.
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Spend & cost driver Analysis [liaising with Procurement & HR colleagues].
- Assist with business planning.
- Chart of Accounts usage.
Essential on arrival:
- 5+ years experience in a similar accountant, finance, or bookkeeping role.
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts, forecasting and budgeting.
- IT literate to an advanced level.
- Experience using Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some travel might be required for this role, a valid passport is essential.
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) or A visa holders with EAD cards. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa.
All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to confirm any start date of employment at this time. We will continue to monitor progress and developments, and will be touch as soon as there is an update.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.