View Vacancy - Post Security Manager
Main purpose of job
To ensure FCO security strategy and policy is adhered to and any appropriate mitigation has been properly approved in order to ensure the safety of staff, documents and equipment at Post as well as to safeguard the physical and protective security of the mission and staff residential properties. To provide policy advice, guidance and support on all aspects of security.
Roles and responsibilities
- Physical Security of the British High Commission and Official Residences. Ensuring that both the High Commission and the Official Residence are safe and secure. Duties include: continuous appraisal, overview and evaluation of the safety of the Post working with stakeholders in both in Canada and London to ensure that HM Government security regulations are followed, and recommendations following audit visits are pursued; incident control and management, including co-ordinating evacuation of the mission/s; managing and maintaining access control systems including airlock doors; administering the building pass system; ensuring the maintenance of security equipment; supervising mail screening; reporting and recording any breaches of security; keeping the Post Security Regulations and Intruder plan up to date.
- Line Management of Post Security Team (3 Security Officers). This includes motivating and empowering the team, organising rosters, setting objectives, writing appraisals, identifying training and development opportunities. Security officers work a shift pattern and keeping all team members informed of developments is essential. Filling is as required during periods of leave etc.
- Personnel Security. Includes administering the country based staff security vetting procedures and conducting vetting interviews; briefing newcomers on fire safety and security matters.
- External Stakeholder Liaison. Liaison and intelligence sharing with the RCMP, local Police, Security Service agencies and other Embassy / High Commission Security teams. Liase with commercial partners on both the 2nd and 3rd floor of the High Commission building. Liaison with visiting protection teams.
- Implementing Security Processes and Recommendations. Follow up from periodic overseas security assessments, implementation of agreed to recommendations and the training out of any new security protocols and processes to all staff at post.
- Post Emergency Planning. Working with colleagues, maintain and test emergency plans and equipment for the High Commission. Serve as the Fire Safety Manager and Building Incident Control Officer, by conducting weekly checks of the fire/incident alarms and mandated evacuation drills. Prepare the agenda and essential information for, and write the minutes of, the quarterly Post Security Committee. Participate in other committees as directed including, Crisis Committee and health and Safety Committee.
- Other tasks as directed by PSO or DPSO.
- Background in Security/Facility Management and Operations.
- Valid Ontario drivers license with the ability to drive both automatic and standard transmissions.
- Ontario Private Security Guard License.
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CPR AED certificate.
Language: English (French an asset)
Level of language required: Proficient in spoken and written
Must have the legal status to live and work in Canada.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities.
This opportunity is closed to applications.