View Vacancy - Head of Social Media- C4, Islamabad/ Karachi/ Lahore
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Please note that due to Covid-19 outbreak, the start date of employment mentioned in the advert is tentative, subject to normal business of British High Commission. All recruitment campaigns will remain open for applications, we will progress the recruitment process as swiftly as possible and continue to review all applications, monitor progress and developments. We will be in touch with you for the interviews/ should there be further updates on the application, however given the circumstances, kindly expect some delay in response and please reach out to SAAD.Recruit@fcdo.gov.uk, if you have any further questions.
This is a fixed term position for a period of 2 years. It can be based in either of the following locations: Islamabad/ Karachi/ Lahore.
Main purpose of job:
To work with a great team to deliver digital communication that can effect change and influence some of the biggest global issues of today.
The Head of Social Media will develop and implement a new social media strategy for UK in Pakistan, be responsible for managing digital campaigns ensuring that the Pakistan Network is maximising digital tools and channels, monitor trends and provide evaluation, create exciting insight led social media content tailored for different audiences on different digital platforms, and build strong relationships with diverse network of digital influencers (national and regional) in Pakistan,
The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of the social media landscape in Pakistan, be digitally savvy, work well under pressure including in crisis situations, be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have a communication/PR background with specialist digital expertise and skills with proven track record of working in or with the digital media. You should have an expert level understanding of the social media environment we live and work in (in UK and Pakistan).
- You will have excellent understanding of the main social media channels (including twitter, facebook and Instagram) and know how to make the most of the opportunities they offer to build strong digital campaigns to reach out to target audiences. You should also be able to use digital tools to monitor insights and provide social media evaluation.
- You will be up to speed with global social media trends, have an interest in international affairs, and be enthusiastic and proactive in your approach so being able to spot thematic links, take decisions based on sound evidence, and show initiative.
- You will need to be creative and curious, confident enough to share your ideas, and perceptive enough to encourage others to share theirs too. We encourage a fun and creative atmosphere where we can turn thoughts into ideas and ideas into action. This is key to give us the leading edge when we are looking at how we can make the most difference including online.
- The ideal candidate should be a good team player and loves being part of a nice but busy team. This means you’re committed, can be counted on to get the job done and are inclusive and respectful of other people’s opinions.
- You will be able to prioritise work and be flexible when needed for example helping out during crises. A big part of the role includes reaching out and developing good relationships with a diverse range of partners.
- You will enjoy delivering through virtual teams and empowering others, enabling staff to deliver their very best, and may also be required to monitor and manage financial resources such as a budget.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy that sets the direction of our digital engagement; you will lead the integration of our digital work into the department’s wider communications strategy including using digital for internal communications and engagement.
- Managing and developing the brand and digital persona of UK in Pakistan ensuring up to date, exciting and creative content. This includes working with the Creative Services lead to create the right digital content on our development work in Pakistan and trade agenda.
- Building relationships with and engaging with key social media influencers on issues that matter the most to us and our target audiences.
- Implementing digital campaigns linked to our priorities (including girls’ education, climate change and #UKPakDosti). As part of this identify digital collaboration and partnership opportunities with external digital platforms and agencies to extend our reach to our target audiences and increase the impact of our digital campaigns.
- Provide strategic advice at the senior level in the country on social media. This includes appropriate responses in the media and social media, brand risk and maximising impact of communications.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of our social media channels, and provide regular reporting to help build better insights.
Learning and development opportunities:
What we offer:
We want to attract the best diverse talent to join the @UKinPakistan team, and in return are committed to ensuring that all of our staff are able to be their very best and flourish. We’re committed to supporting staff aspirations and goals.
Our strong L&D offer includes access to training provided in house; shadowing and mentoring opportunities; access to funds for professional qualifications; regular masterclasses from experts (including from private and public sector); and opportunities to get involved in the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office corporate agenda across our global network.
There are regular opportunities to travel overseas including to present at conferences on strategic communications, and to support capability building of the global network through visits to Posts.
We are a supportive and fun team to work in. We hold regular team lunches, back each other up during busy teams, and celebrate our achievements and lessons learned together.
You will get to work on real world issues which means that no day can be the same; and you will get to see the difference that effective communications can make first hand.
- Knowledge/experience of using digital tools and social media for campaigns.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience.
- Wider PR and/or communication skills including experience of working in a busy communications environment
- Ability to develop or create online stories for national and international audiences
- Strong understanding of how online media can be used to influence change
- Knowledge of international affairs
- Ability to use online evaluation tools including Hootsuite; and tools for creative content eg Shorthand, Adobe Photoshop.
- Analyse complex data, and present into headlines for insight and evaluation.
Language: English and Urdu
Level of language required: Fluent
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 265,224 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 10th May 2021 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.