View Vacancy - Political Intern (BGR321)
The British Embassy in Sofia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and now looking for a full time Political Intern.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Migration: Analysis of and reporting on the migration crisis.
- Internal Politics: Development of background documents that help the team to understand Bulgaria and its politics following parliamentary elections here and ahead of its first EU Presidency beginning in January 2018; participation in meetings and conferences with Bulgarian stakeholders;
- Supporting the Team: Work on ad-hoc work requests from across the team (e.g. arranging meetings and visits, translating newspaper articles, mini research projects).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in Bulgarian politics;
- Good analytical and research skills;
- Ability to work well independently.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position (36 hours per week).
This is an internship contract of 6-month according to Bulgarian legislation.
Monthly salary for this position is BGN 460,00 gross, plus 50 BGN net as transport allowance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Bulgaria may apply, including all EU / EEA citizens and the family members of EU / EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Bulgaria.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to terms and conditions service according to Bulgarian employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Bulgaria. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field "Application deadline".
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.