View Vacancy - Public Diplomacy and Digital Intern (BGR20.126)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Sofia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now offering an internship opportunity in the Campaigns & Prosperity Team.
The main purpose of job is to Assist the Embassy Press Officer and Public Diplomacy Officer in delivering campaigns.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Support Embassy Press Officer to carry out the Embassy online and media activity - 30%
• Support in the delivery of public diplomacy campaigns - 30 %
• Draft and upload posts for the Embassy social media channels -15%
• Assist in organising public diplomacy events and liaise with commercial partners, government and civil society -15%
• Assist other activities across strategic campaigns run by the Embassy -10%
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian (both oral and written);
- Only students in their last year of studies and recent graduates will be considered for this position;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and highly creative team player with a proven passion for public communications;
- Use of social media (Facebook, Twitter) and/or experience managing a blog/website;
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Basic design skills – Use of Photoshop or other similar tools;
- Experience working with (Bulgarian) media.
- Experience in organising events.
This is a full-time position (36 hours per week) for 6 months.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of BGN 610 gross as well as BGN 50 net transport allowance per month throughout the duration of the internship.
Expected start date 1 July 2020, however the selected candidate should be available as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Bulgaria may apply, including all EU/EEA citizens and the family members of EU/EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Bulgaria.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Bulgarian employment law.
Visa/Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Bulgaria and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary after 31st December 2020.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
- You may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.