View Vacancy - Office & Property Manager A2 (02/21 DJ)
Main Purpose of Job
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Embassy administration and manage all rented Embassy properties.
Roles and responsibilities:
Office Management (50%)
- Liaise with Corporate Services in Addis and Manila, Pretoria as required
- Prepare budget reports as required
- Ensure bills/invoices are paid accurately and on time coordinating with colleagues in Addis, Pretoria and Manila as required
- Manage office equipment, stationary supplies and inventories..
- Manage petty cash
- Act as IT Support Officer and liaise with regional support centres.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, working closely with the TWS based in Addis
- Prepare VAT claims, customs clearance and liaise with Protocol Dept (MFA) and other government departments.
- Handle travel bookings for official travel for HMA and DHM
- Receive visitors
- Other ad hoc admin tasks
Residence and property management (50%)
- Ensure all properties are well maintained and comply with FCO standards, working closely with the TWS in Addis.
- Organise and oversee repairs and improvements.
- Liaise with regional support colleagues.
- Manage inventories.
- Arrange electricity, internet connections.
- Ensure generators are maintained and fuel provided.
- Manage official entertainment logistics
- Plan and monitor expenditure ensuring full compliance with FCO financial rules and ensuring value for money.
NB – the precise nature of the tasks may change as the BHC is set up – flexibility, confidence and a can do attitude are key.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure)
1 driver and Djibouti Local Budget Petty cash
- Fluent in English and French
- previous administrative experience
- computer literacy including excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Teams
- financial/budget management
- property management experience
- good range of contacts and knowledge of Djibouti (city and country)
- event management
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Djibouti are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Djibouti.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Successful candidates not resident in Uganda will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.