View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (SRB21.088)
Note: Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Belgrade is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a temporary Corporate Services Officer for a maternity leave cover.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all accommodation related matters of the designated rented residential properties, including maintenance requests. Additionally, the jobholder will also be responsible for timely and accurate processing of vouchers and payments in order to facilitate Post’s smooth financial operations and for the Protocol (import/export paperwork).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance: Overseeing the maintenance of designated rented residential properties; prioritising jobs and ensuring they are completed by either local technical staff, landlord or by contractors;
- Accommodation: Acquiring new accommodation for British Diplomats and families in line with the FCDO policy and standards (March In/March Out procedures; lease renewals); advising/assisting with cable TV, internet access, telephone lines, etc.;
- Administrative Estate work: Organising and taking care of the roster and payment list of casual workers; embassy float; administration of work requests for rented properties; maintenance of Estate/Accommodation files.
- Preparation and submission of payments to the bank, electronically or via letters of instruction;
- Billing: Issue monthly bills and invoices to staff and commercial partners;
- Compiling vouchers;
- Act as Finance Officer cover.
- Handle customs, tax and protocol clearances of imported/exported goods;
- Responsible for diplomatic mail (incoming and outgoing).
- Proficient in English and Serbian (both written and spoken, minimum of C1 level according to the CEFR framework*);
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role working with both external and internal customers;
- Basic accounting processes awareness;
- IT literate (advanced knowledge of Microsoft office programmes with emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to be well organised with attention to detail and follow through tasks;
- Strong customer focus (concern for quality and drive for continuous improvement in the service provided);
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in estates and facilities management, property maintenance, property rental and/or similar;
- Understanding of Health and Safety policies;
- Accounting qualification.
This is a full-time temporary contract to cover a maternity leave until August 2022 (5 working days, 39 gross hours per week).
The salary is € 1,715 gross and subject to payment of all mandatory social security contributions (19.9%) and tax (10%), in line with local regulations.
In addition to monthly salary, staff receives a meal allowance of €70 per month and transport allowance of 4,040 dinars per month (review each February) as per Terms & Conditions.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorization for Serbia in order to apply.
The successful candidate will be hired as a temporary member of staff under the terms and conditions which apply to all Country Based Staff (CBS) in employment relationship; tax and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
All contributions are deductable at the source. If for any reason the Employee is required to work for periods longer than the conditioned hours overtime may be paid.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Serbia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Serbian employment law.
Information due to COVID-19:
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Effective operational proficiency to advanced level which comprehends that a person can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning; can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions; can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes; can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive device. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.