View Vacancy - Intern Project Manager (NLD21.111)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in The Hague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for an intern for the role of Intern Project Manager to work within the Department for International Trade (DIT) team. The intern will mainly support DIT’s Trade Team.
The Department for International Trade supports both UK companies to trade internationally (trade team) and foreign companies looking to establish or expand operations in the UK (investment team) through the provision of tailored information and guidance. Based in The Hague, DIT Netherlands helps Dutch companies invest in the UK and British companies export to the Netherlands. The role offers both an excellent learning platform and an opportunity to make a very meaningful contribution to the team’s core objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the trade team in the delivery of services to British exporters. This may include market research by sector, competitive analyses, research company profiles, cold calling, etc.);
- Prioritize and respond appropriately to all communications, including requests for information and first-time inquiries. Ensure that all client management activities are executed in a timely and effective manner;
- Assist with the preparation and organisation of outward and inward (online) trade missions, (online) bilateral policy engagements, webinars and other events;
- Support the DIT Netherlands team with other day-to-day activities, such as operational support at Embassy-wide events and pre-meeting briefings.
The internship offers a great opportunity for a talented and highly motivated individual to gain insight into the international business environment, with direct exposure to the workings of an important bilateral Embassy.
Working together with a team of experienced Trade & Investment advisers, the role offers the opportunity to make a real impact.
This role is open to someone that is:
- Currently undertaking studies at a higher education institution based in the Netherlands to at least December 2021.
- Full professional proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
The successful candidate will be offered a six months internship. The duration of the internship allows for some flexibility to take into account specific demands which may be set by Dutch or British higher education institutions.
Interns receive a flat compensation rate of € 400 per month based on a 20 hour week.
The successful candidate will be offered the internship subject to successful professional background check, as well security clearance by the relevant Dutch and / or British authorities.
The British Embassy promotes and demonstrates the key values of Professionalism, Respect and Honesty.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in The Netherlands and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in The Netherlands.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.