View Vacancy - Corporate Services and Accommodation Officer
The British Embassy in Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Corporate Services and Accommodation Officer, Grade – A2 (L).
Main Purpose of the job:
The position is that of Corporate Services Officer and will report to the Residential Estates Manager. This is an excellent opportunity within a small and fast-paced team for someone aspiring to work in the field of Estate Management.
- Ensure that properties are ready from furniture and any other request after the march-in within the Post Housing Policy.
- Prepare a furniture inventory for each property.
- To respond effectively to the residential properties furniture requests within a reasonable period.
- Arrange march-in and march-outs.
- Arrivals: Answering queries related to arrivals in collaboration with CLO.
- Departures: Prepare a list of the expected departures and assist staff with queries.
- Ensuring correct procurement policy and procedures for procuring overseas and local purchases.
- Ensure there is enough stock in the furniture store at the Embassy and keep it updated.
- Replace the Residential Estates Manager when needed.
- Hotel bookings for official visits.
- Process Requisitions on PRISM.
- Keep PYRAMID records up to date, and act as the focal point for PYRAMID related requests.
- Keep records of all invoices and update spreadsheets, Team’s files and Pyramid.
- Supervise handymen.
- Pay the janitors and building services salaries monthly.
- Two handymen
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Leading and Communicating – Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Delivering Value for Money - Delivering value for money involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic (both spoken and written).
- Strong organisational and administrative experience.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an administrative or clerical position.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of maintenance supplies and materials, as well as knowledge of local markets, suppliers and pricing.
- Has customer service experience.
- Good knowledge of procurement and purchasing procedures.
- Knowledge of the estate, buildings, plumbing, electrical systems, air conditioning etc. in order to assign and prioritise maintenance duties.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety best practice, procedures and guidelines.
- Previous experience in a Premises Management related position.
- Previous experience working with Pyramid software.
- Holds evidence of the completion of relevant Health and Safety and Premises Management qualifications.
- Ability to translate from both English to Arabic as well as from Arabic to English, both written and Oral.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy A2 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1,145 per month. Please note that your salary will be paid gross and you are expected to comply with your tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the local authorities. If exceptionally you are not liable to pay Jordanian tax, you will receive a net salary which is minus the deduction of an equivalent level of local tax. Further information on this will be given to candidates at interview if necessary.
This position is offered on a Full Time, Permanent contract basis.
The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (on pro rata basis) plus 14 public holidays.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-days probationary period.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate's residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A covering letter/statement of suitability including competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 10 May 2021.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for interview or assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.