View Vacancy - Community Liaison Officer
Main purpose of job:
- Provide high quality support to UKB staff and their partners and families in the run-up to their posting and upon arrival, to help them settle in at post.
- Provide high quality support to UKB staff and their partners and families, ensuring their welfare and helping them get the most out of their posting.
- Provide high quality support to UKB staff and their partners and families to ensure a smooth departure from post
- Provide timely and accurate returns to London.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
Delivery: Get in touch with new UKB six months before their arrival. Provide information and take action on CLO areas of responsibility (day-to-day life, schools, healthcare support, employment) and signpost to relevant teams (Transport, Logistics and Protocol, Estates, Security and HR) and the Housing Committee chair as needed. Provide documentation (including SLA, Welcome Pack and arrival checklist). Meet and greet on arrival, deliver float, meet CLO SLA actions and ensure families settle in well.
Keep in regular touch with UKB, partners and families to understand how they are and offer support where needed. Deliver CLO responsibilities in the SLA and ensure relevant Corporate Service teams and London-based teams (Health and Welfare, DSFA) are meeting UKB and families' needs both inside and outside the SLA, escalating any issues to the Director CS and DHM where needed. Tailor support as needed. Provide information relevant to UKB, partners and families. Working with post leadership, identify and oversee CLO support provided in Sao Paulo and Rio. Organise at least one community event in each main post per year. Support regular meetings of DHM with UKB and partners. Maintain good relationships with CLOs at other posts. Active participation in Health and Safety Committee, Housing Committee, Post Security Committee and Crisis Committee.
Deliver CLO responsibilities in the SLA and ensure relevant Corporate Service teams are meeting UKB and families' needs both inside and outside the SLA, escalating any issues to the Director CS and DHM where needed.
Complete COLA twice a year, update employment, quality of life and education reports annually, consulting with UKB and partners to ensure an accurate picture is submitted to London. Update Post Report quarterly.
Managing a quality service through regular reviews and performance and service feedback. Uphold the network values of Respect, Excellence and Together.
- Strong customer focus skills required, with attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills both written and orally.
- A confident operator able to forward plan to change and improve processes and approaches.
- Be able to confidently engage with external stakeholders, and to hold them to account for service delivery and support.
- Experience with executive office support, and working to tight deadlines.
- Strong people and organisational skills and problem solving essential.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Portuguese.
Learning and development opportunities:
The jobholder will have to complete mandatory e-learnings upon arrival.
L&D opportunities are offered on a collective and individual basis, according to the position’s specifications and jobholder’s performance.
The job is part time with 22 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 08:30-13:00 – Friday 08:30 to 12:30
Flexible working hours can be agreed. The job holder can work flexibly during the week to meet delivery requirements.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
This opportunity is closed to applications.