View Vacancy - JPN - Residence Administration Officer A1(L) (part-time)
Main purpose of job:
This is a part time position to support the work of the Ambassador’s Residence by assisting with event planning and business hospitality logistics. You will work with the Ambassador’s Private Office and other Embassy teams. This role will also provide general administrative support and provide occasional absence cover for Corporate Entertainment Team (CET) / Residence Manager.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Office Admin Support
- Coordination of the CET calendar
- Deal with incoming requests for use of the Residence and CET catering
- Manage stationery orders and other office/catering supplies
- Absence cover for CET/Residence Manager
- Assist with official functions and Ministerial/VIP visits
- Liaise with the Embassy sections on logistics requirements (guest lists, seating plans, dietary restrictions)
- Print menu cards, place cards and seating plan
- Daily facility maintenance and quality control of the Residence
- Liaise with facilities management team to plan and deliver Residence maintenance work
- Maintain the Residence event log
- Procurement and requisitioning
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- E-learning for MS Teams, requisitioning and performance management
- Part time with 20 hours per week
- Occasionally early morning, late evening and weekend duties.
- Flexible working including remote working where possible.
Duration of Post: This position is initially one year with possibility of renewal
- Strong computer skills – Outlook, MS Teams, Excel
- Experience in working in an English and Japanese speaking environments
- Track record of personal responsibility and collaborative working
- Track record of personal development, flexibility and responsiveness
- Commitment to corporate goals and values
- Fluent in written and oral Japanese
- Good English oral and written
- Experience and/or familiarity with hospitality service industry
- Staff and budget/project management experience
- 1 month salary bonus equivalents payable in June and December
- (Note: Salary may be reduced due to tax status)
- Commuting allowance of up to JPY35,000 per month (paid on an actual cost basis)
- 25 days paid annual leave (calculated pro rata)
- Health Insurance and Employee pension (kenko hoken/kosei nenkin)
- Employment Insurance (koyou hoken)
- The British Embassy offers comprehensive learning and development opportunities that will be fully available to the jobholder. We regularly run both work area specific training, as well as more general skills development in project management, finance, and leadership. Each year the job holder will be encouraged to use 5 development days to pursue job related and personal development goals.
- All staff are required to take a role in the embassy’s crisis preparation and response. Full training will be provided for this and regular opportunities will be available to test and develop your skills.
- The British Embassy, Tokyo supports and promotes flexible working as a crucial part of our inclusive offering. This particular role allows for flexibility in start and end times, working compressed hours, working remotely for one day a week, and the possibility of a job share arrangement, subject to agreement with management.
The applicant must have work authorisation for Japan however if a foreign national, the British Embassy/Consulate General will support a visa application if required.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is subject to change but successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible. Successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.