View Vacancy - Communications Intern
Main purpose of job:
In 2022, the Embassy’s Communications Team will mainly focus its public diplomacy activities on strengthening the Argentina-UK relationship, including protecting and promoting UK’s prosperity, security and people-to-people links and looking to develop business opportunities.
The Communications intern will help the team make the most of the opportunities that will arise to promote the UK to a targeted audience. It will require communication skills (drafting, editing, designing) to be able to contribute to public diplomacy ideas, planning and delivering events as well as liaising with customers.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Public Diplomacy Campaigns:
- Design and produce promotional material for circulation at activities and events. These would include the design and production of invitations, flyers, banners, videos, etc.
- Contribute with ideas and assist in planning events to deliver Embassy objectives.
- Assist communications officer in contacting and inviting media for Embassy activities.
- Support the communications officer in further developing the Embassy’s website and social media platforms.
- Support communications officer in producing promotional material for journalists and guests, doing research and drafts.
- Assist in managing media for Embassy’s projects and activities.
- Monitoring media for specific news and references.
Language: English and Spanish.
Level of language required: Both written and spoken at a business level. IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Essential on arrival:
- Basic graphic designing skills
- Basic photo and video editing
- Working knowledge of social networks
- Good writing/drafting skills in both languages
- Research experience (sources, internet searches)
- Working with others
- Showing initiative
- Campaign Experience
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The Communications intern will be able to participate in any training delivered in-house, and will have the opportunity to complete any e-learning or Diplomatic Academy chapter he/she finds relevant to their position.
Total working hours: 20 hours per week.
We could be flexible with the working pattern if the intern needs to assist to class, but would prefer if the intern could work 4 hours per day.
According to Internship Regulation in Argentina, only candidates that finish their studies once the internship contract expires will be eligible for the position (Law 26427).
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
This opportunity is closed to applications.