View Vacancy - SIN - Driver and Administrative Assistant, AA
Main purpose of job:
The holder of this position is responsible for providing safe and efficient driving services to High Commission, its staff and official visitors as part of the High Commission’s transport operation. In addition to the core driving function, the job holder will provide varied administrative support to the Post Security/Transport Manager and Corporate Services Team.
Roles and responsibilities/what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Transport of passengers, goods and/or documents:
- Drive the Flag car and other pool cars for staff including the High Commissioner (these responsibilities to be rotated on a monthly basis). Provide reliable, safe and well planned services with a focus on customer service;
- Daily review of transport bookings with the Transport Manager to support the strict adherence to the Transport Policy;
- Provide driving support for visitors to the British High Commission including being actively involved in the planning of routes, liaising with key visit stakeholders and being able to work in fast paced and ambiguous conditions during the visit;
- Ensure cleanliness of vehicles and send them for timely and regular servicing & LTA inspections as required, with escalations to the Transport Manager.
- Monitor deadlines for Road Tax and Insurance payments including the provision of quotations to the Transport Manager;
- Process all required payments and receipts for ERP and Shell cards in consultation on a weekly basis;
- Support the Transport Manager and Head of Corporate Services with any driving related policy changes and feed into decisions on car purchases.
- Assist with security and health and safety administration;
- Manage incoming & outgoing diplomatic mail bag service;
- Conduct purchases, obtain receipts and account for expenditure;
- Finance administration support including requisitioning and invoice processing;
- General support as instructed by the Post Security/Transport Manager or Head of Corporate Services.
- Delivering at pace - Effectiveness in this area means focussing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Working together - Willingness to help the wider team and share information and develop productive working relationship both internally and externally.
- Managing a quality service - Strong sense of professionalism. Effective planning and management of work in order to deliver a high quality service.
- Developing self and others - means identifying gaps in your skills and knowledge and making plans to develop, along with listening to and acting on feedback from colleagues.
- English - fluent
Essential on arrival:
- Must have a valid (Class 3) Singapore driving license with no points deducted & no serious traffic offences in the past 12 months
- Excellent knowledge of the road network and traffic system in Singapore
- Excellent knowledge of the Highway Code & all relevant traffic laws in Singapore
- Must be smartly presented
- Able to work under pressure and with staff of all levels
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours as overtime, including on weekends, is necessary occasionally.
- Office administration experience
- Previous experience as a limousine or private driver
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary of SGD 2,798 per month and a generous annual wage supplement (as part of total guaranteed remuneration) of an additional 2 months’ salary paid out in December each year, Central Provident Fund (CPF) payment in lieu for non-Permanent Resident foreign nationals, 23-days annual leave entitlement and a health insurance plan. The basic salary is non-negotiable.
We have a generous leave offer including: 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 after 5 years' service, with the option to carry over up to 10 days into the subsequent leave year; 13 public holidays; generous maternity and paternity leave; and childcare leave. We encourage volunteerism and offer up to 3 days paid volunteer leave.
We offer medical insurance to support staff with the high costs of healthcare in Singapore and periodic reimbursement for the cost of eye tests and replacement eye wear.
Learning and development opportunities:
We offer time and financial support for the successful candidate to take advantage of professional learning and development opportunities inside and outside of the organisation.
The BHC has an active Learning & Development Committee which works hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. There is a wide range of options available for personal development including training courses, coaching and mentoring, job-shadowing, presentations and learning sets. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the International Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all available opportunities.
All new hires undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses that must be completed in order to pass probation.
This role has limited scope for flexible working given its operational requirements.
This role will be line managed by the UKB Regional Director in Singapore. There will be occasional travel required to the UK.
In addition to the duties which this job normally entails, you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the High Commission, including playing a part in the corporate life of the mission and supporting any crisis response.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain a local work permit which we will sponsor.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Singapore employment law.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Only short-listed applications will be called for personal interviews.
Please note that all successful candidates will be expected to serve a minimum of 6 months in their new role before being eligible to apply for further positions within the British High Commission.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. Our values of Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence (CORE) are our guiding principles. We aspire to live our values consistently in order to make the British High Commission a great place to work where staff feel valued, supported and inspired to be their best.
We welcome applications from candidates in countries from which travel to Singapore is feasible under the prevailing Covid-related border restrictions. Singapore will only allow entry for those fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved under the WHO EUL. Successful overseas applicants are responsible for all costs associated with relocating to Singapore.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline."
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.