View Vacancy - VNM (Hanoi) - Visa Support Officer, AO
Main purpose of job:
UKVI Vietnam works closely with UKVI Delhi, Bangkok and Sheffield to deliver a world-class visa service that supports UK economic growth & prosperity and keeps the UK border safe & secure.
We are seeking a flexible colleague who will work well in a busy IT-based office environment, who can deliver their work on time and to a high standard. You will need to be adaptable and show a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks. You will need an eye for detail, a positive attitude, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a busy and focused team. We also want you to enjoy working with us – so please bring your sense of fun too - and enjoy getting to know your new role and your new colleagues.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can successfully work in a small but busy team. They will have an inquisitive mind, strong administration ability and be a team player with excellent interpersonal and time-management skills.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Enrichment activity: To deliver Vietnam enrichment activity by undertaking information enquiries with internal and external partners, undertaking document checks and conducting visa customer interviews – all within agreed priorities, deadlines and customer service-standards.
Generating statistics/ Admin support: To generate monthly visa statistics and all other relevant administration to support the UKVI team.
Translating: Translating documents between Vietnamese and English.
- Essential on arrival: Education: must be an university graduate
- An excellent command of English (written and spoken). This will be tested at interview.
- Good communication and people-friendly interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop productive relationships with other teams around the network
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, accessing databases & web based applications)
- The ability to work as part of a small team in Hanoi and work under pressure to meet challenging targets
- A positive attitude, can do attitude, with attention to detail
Level of language required: Fluent – Written and Spoken
Nationality requirements: Vietnamese National
- A background in immigration administration or other administration role in an overseas embassy
- A background of checking or testing information submitted to a private or government sector organisation
- Familiarity with the Vietnamese social system and official documents held by Vietnamese citizens
This vacancy is advertised as a full-time, fixed-term role of 15 months in Hanoi.
The British Embassy is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities.
The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core behaviour-based questions listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful clearance of pre-employment/security checks.
This opportunity is closed to applications.