View Vacancy - Political Intern (ROU087)
The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Intern for the Political Team.
The main role of the Political Intern is to support the work of the Political Section by drafting reports, performing research for briefings, translating documents, and supporting with or arranging visits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching, drafting and collating briefings and reports;
- General office administrative support for Political Section and Chancery;
- Support with projects and events;
- Translations from English to Romanian and vice versa;
- Excellent command of English (demonstrated by either relevant certificates or graduation from an English speaking academic programme);
- Proficient command of Romanian;
- Solid knowledge of economics, internal politics and international relations or EU affairs (to be tested during the selection process);
- Availability for full-time employment from April 2017 to end March 2018;
- Good report-writing skills (to be tested during the selection process);
- Strong research and communication skills;
- Good basic IT skills, ideally including Excel;
- Available to work outside of office hours on occasion.
This is a full-time position of 5 days (35 hours per week) for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Romanian / UK public holidays per year.
Monthly salary is 1450 RON gross.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 20 days.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Romanian employment law.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.