View Vacancy - Belarus Defence Section Support Officer/Military Cooperation Programme Adviser (BLR145)
The British Embassy in Minsk is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The Embassy is seeking to recruit a Belarus Defence Section Support Officer/Military Cooperation Programme Adviser based in Minsk.
The jobholder will support the Defence Section Moscow and HMA Minsk in all areas relating to Defence, in particular the relationship between the UK and Belarus Armed Forces and Ministries of Defence.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
Specialist Advisor – Belarus Armed Forces
- Advise on all issues which may affect UK-Belarus bilateral military relationships, including developments within the Belarus MOD (BMOD) and Armed Forces;
- Maintain a network of contacts within BMOD, units of the Armed Forces, veterans’ organisations, defence commentators and think tanks.
Programme Facilitator - Bilateral Military Co-operation
- Responsible for detailed planning of visits into Belarus and the UK by military delegations from both countries;
- Liaise with BMOD/MOD prior to such visits and co-ordinates post-visit actions;
- Reporting DSSO produces periodic (weekly or as advised) Open Source reporting to DDA/HMA/UKMOD/FCO on developments in the Belarus MOD and Armed Forces;
- Develop a regional quarterly summary report;
- Representative of the Defence Section Moscow/Support to HMA Minsk;
- Represents Defence Section Moscow in Belarus and supports the activities of the BE Minsk as required;
- Build relationships with Defence Sections in Allied embassies to support of the delivery of common objectives and joint projects.
- Previous experience in Defence and Security issues;
- Fluent communicator and written communication skills in English and Belarusian;
- Flexibility and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure;
- Good organisation skills ;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly with others;
- Strong interpersonal sk
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web applications.
- Former serving officer Belarus Armed Forces;
- Relevant University Degree.
This is a fixed-term full-time position, five working days, 36 hours net per week (flexible with core hours).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Belarus are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belarus employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belarus. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.