View Vacancy - British Ambassador's Residence Cook (SVK480)
The British Embassy in Bratislava is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is extending the opportunity for a talented Cook, to work at the British Ambassador’s Residence in Bratislava. Applicants that applied previously should confirm that they are still interested in the position.
We are looking for a flexible, creative and motivated person enjoying cooking and preparing high quality food of British and international cuisine at internal and external events of the diplomatic mission.
We are offering an exciting part-time position with flexible working hours (30h per week), attractive salary, benefits package and excellent working conditions in a pleasant family atmosphere.
It is an exciting opportunity for a Cook to work for a diplomatic organisation, preparing high quality food for special guests including Ministers and Ambassadors, at internal and external events.
The Cook might not be cooking every day but also planning for further events will be required. The role would suit someone seeking a different worklife balance.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Cooperation with the relevant Embassy & Residence staff on event tasks and requirements;
- Cook, plan and suggest menus for official events and special requirements following discussion with the Residence / Event Manager;
- Cook and plan menus for various occasions (breakfasts, lunches and dinners);
- Maintain files of past menus and recipes;
- Maintain list of suppliers of fresh food, gastro-services, delivery companies, catering companies etc.;
- Grocery food purchases, maintaining and reconciliation of receipts;
- Coordination and supervision of kitchen staff (if applicable) at the events;
- Cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen equipment;
- Responsibility for the inventory in the Residence kitchen;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in professional cooking;
- Willingness to participate in duties to keep the kitchen clean and tidy after events;
- Good customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Able to work accurately with focus on detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and flexibility;
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- A good command of English and Slovak is required;
- Experience in the diplomatic field is an advantage;
- Drivers licence.
This is a part-time position of 5 working days, 30 hours net per week. The person may be required to work at evenings or during weekends. Working hours are flexible and the position is entitled to TOIL for extra hours worked.
The monthly salary for this position is to be negotiated and paid 13 times a year. Meal allowance and uniforms provided. An initial 12 month contract will be issued with the intention for this to become a permanent position.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Slovakia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Slovak employment law.
The Embassy is not able to assist with any visas or sponsorship arrangements or cover any costs connected with relocation. All applicants should have the right to live and work in Slovakia.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Slovakia in order to apply.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
If you are interested in this job opportunity you can choose whether you prefer to apply:
- In English through the FCO Local Posts website, by clicking on the "Apply" button below;
- In Slovak or English (sending CV + Cover Letter, explaining clearly the motivation, skills and experience you could bring to this role) to email@example.com
This opportunity is closed to applications.