View Vacancy - BK - Communications & Digital Officer, A2(L)
We are looking for a dynamic individual for a newly created role in the Communications & Marketing team at the British Embassy in Bangkok. The role will involve a mixture of digital and media support, in addition a percentage of the role will include content generation (video filming, editing, graphic design and photography). The role will also be responsible for team administration support.
The Communications & Digital Officer will support on design and implementation of projects/activities: these can include the Embassy relocation communications, sector-specific campaigns (Consular, Political, Trade &Investment) and broader ad-hoc cultural events.
Roles and responsibilities:
Initiative, flexibility, big imagination, organisation/prioritisation will be key characteristics and skills for this job. You will be working with the Communications & Marketing team on external communication across Thailand: tailoring the message to different audiences that will include the British expat audience, the local Thai business community, the local Thai general public and other key Thai stakeholders. Messages will be deployed using a range of marketing platforms and communication methods. There will also be an element of internal communications: to be clear and delivered in several different ways, in order to reach and engage as many staff as possible.
You are a ‘can-do’ person, proactive in identifying opportunities to promote the Embassy’s messages. You will have blue-sky thinking and appreciate that any idea is a potential idea.
With support from the Communications Media Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, the key roles of the jobholder will include:
- Develop compelling video content for the British Embassy by video-documenting our key events and video-shooting important messages by our spokespersons; editing the video clips; and lead on live video streaming on our social media platforms.
- Develop graphic content (infographics, e-posters, e-banners) which promote the activities of the British Embassy and a strong narrative of Britain.
- Translation of social media content and press releases in Thai and translation of published news articles and social media posts in English.
- Provide general support to events/activities and cross-departmental projects.
- Co-manage the British Embassy’s social media channels and the British Embassy’s GOV.UK website to increase digital presence.
- Manage online conversations and enquiries over social media channels; and to facilitate appropriate responses by working with the relevant sections or departments.
- Assist in the wider communications work including content archiving, updating and maintaining core scripts and updating and maintaining event/activity calendars.
Other responsibilities can include:
Pprocurement support including awareness of HMG and FCO procurement policies. Maintaining stationery supplies. Travel arrangements. Support for senior staff including requesting and collating briefing; producing basic research analysis. Budget Management: raising invoices and purchase orders.
- At least 1 year marketing and/or communications experience, or studied in the area of marketing and/or communications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Thai
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills: MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Videography, video editing and digital experience
- Graphic design skills
- Social Media management skills - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience dealing with press
- Event management experience
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary (to be abated for those not liable to tax), benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and full training.
The British Embassy Bangkok encourages all staff to develop their capabilities, through both formal training (courses) and informal training (job shadowing, on-the-job training). The majority of our formal L&D opportunities are drawn from FCO resources. All staff are encouraged to share their skills and experience with colleagues, through informal training or coaching/mentoring. All staff are eligible for 5 L&D days a year.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Thailand in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on 06 January 2019 (Bangkok Time).
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Reminder for existing Embassy staff who will be interested to apply:
Along with the completed online application form, candidates should upload their last two years End of Year Appraisals if applicable. If applicants have been employed for less than twelve months, they will need to provide permission from their Head of Section to apply and should attach this to their application.
Guidance on completing competency based application forms and sitting Interviews can be found on the BE Website and also on the Civil Service Learning portal, Virtual Ashridge portal and Goodpractice.net (both accessed through the CSL). Staff are strongly advised to refer to these.
We recommend all applicants to understand the Civil Service competences before applying for any role and in preparation for interviews. For more information, you can visit our website - https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/about/recruitment.
Please check your application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.