View Vacancy - Electrician
The Technical Works section of the British Embassy in Amman is seeking an individual for the position of an Electrician, Grade – S1.
Purpose of the job:
We require a highly skilled electrician with high workmanship quality but will also be expected to carry out all technical related jobs as needed. It is also necessary to have skills and good levels of customer service experience. The candidate will be a key member of the technical works section to maintain the embassy estate encompassing various offices and domestic properties in the Embassy compound and leased properties off compound.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Installing, repairing, replacing electrical equipment as required and diagnose/ rectify electrical faults
- Testing & Inspection of Electrical Installations and equipment
- Working on single and 3 phase electricity installations
- To be able to read circuit drawings
- Work to and comply with all relevant Health & Safety legislation
- All other technical related jobs
- The candidate will be required to present evidences past work experiences from previous employers and will be asked to demonstrate his skill in the Embassy workshop.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering at Pace - Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic language
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a professional environment.
- Full Driving Licence valid in Jordan.
- Technical diploma from government authority
- Organisational skills.
- Experience in general maintenance work such as Roofing/Windows/Locks/Electrics/Tiling/Carpentry/AC
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy S1 scale, with a salary of JOD 752 per month depending on the candidate’s skills and experience. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate's residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A (300 words) covering letter/statement of suitability outlining the competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on_4 April 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview/assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.