View Vacancy - SIN - Communications Manager, B3(L)
The Communications Team plays a key role in enhancing the profile and reputation of the British High Commission, and the UK as a whole. An ordinary day could see you making a short film about UK technology expertise, pitching a story about UK investment opportunities to the media or running an event to support a high-level visit.
If you weren’t busy enough, any spare time could see you creating digital content that helps showcase all that the UK has to offer in terms of tourism, education and business. You’ll be joining the team during an especially important year for UK-Singapore relations.
If you enjoy leading, creating and delivering the full spectrum of communications activity in a fast paced and fun environment then this role could be just what you’re looking for.
This is a diverse and exciting role that encompasses strategic campaign planning, business partnering and delivery. Each of the three Communications Managers are responsible for ‘end to end’ communications management for their departments. This role focussed on the Department for International Trade.
Being able to work effectively with head of departments and their teams in order to plan and deliver strategic campaigns that help deliver our priority outcomes is core to success in this job. You’ll need to be comfortable with high levels of responsibility so that you can design and deliver communications support that best suits what your business partner needs. You’ll also need to be comfortable with coaching and advising on communications best practice which may include challenging wrong thinking at times.
You have scope to define your own priorities but your day to day work is likely to involve:
- Developing key messages turning them into engaging content
- Developing and implementing media plans, including cultivating relationships with key journalists
- Devising and delivering events that have impact
- Incorporating feedback channels and measures to gauge impact of communications
In addition, this role oversees the UK in Singapore digital channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) which involves their day to day management, (including posting content) and reporting requirements.
- Professional experience that demonstrates skills in a range of communications disciplines (PR, marketing, events, digital etc)
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in suggesting new ideas and challenging senior stakeholders if required
- Commitment to working as a team, supporting the other Communications Managers as required
- High work standards and ability to meet challenging deadlines
- University or college degree (preferably in communications and/or marketing)
- Familiarity with the UK would be an advantage
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week: 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday. Some out of hours work to be expected for events and media work. Time off in lieu can be claimed back.
BHC Singapore supports and promotes flexible working as a crucial part of our inclusive offering. This particular role allows for flexibility in start and end times, working compressed hours, working remotely on one or a couple of days in a week, and the possibility of a job share arrangement, subject to agreement with management.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (Singapore Time) on 24 April 2019.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.