View Vacancy - BD - Residence Housekeeper, S2
Domestic, kitchen, cleaning and other duties; working closely with other Residence staff and the High Commissioner and family, to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the High Commissioner’s Residence. The Residence is used for frequent high profile visitors and regular entertaining for a wide range of guests. The jobholder has an essential role to ensure that everyone who comes to the Residence has a top quality experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure a high standard of presentation in all parts of the Residence and keep it clean and tidy at all times
- Laundry, ironing and minor clothing repairs.
- Liaising closely with the Corporate Services team in ensuring all scheduled maintenance services are carried out; supervising and monitoring maintenance requirements
- Setting set up for functions, including arranging tables and chairs, place settings and floral arrangements.
- Receiving guests (providing them with information, refreshments etc. in liaison with Chef) and ensure the hosts know they have arrived.
- Serving meals for a range of different functions, including formal dinners, and assisting the Residence Chef in the kitchen.
- Working closely with the Social Secretary to ensure the Residence inventory is up-to-date.
- Communicate and work effectively with the Residence team (Chef, Housekeeper and Gardener)
- Liaise with and help direct additional Hired Staff whenever required.
- Basic spoken and written English
- Proven experience of delivering high standard housekeeping and domestic work
- Some experience in administrative roles and supervision
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package inclusive of salary, leave entitlement, performance related pay, benefits and extensive Learning and Development opportunities. This position is being advertised as a full time permanent contract subject to the successful completion of a 4-month probation period.
Work longer hours during functions, including evening work. Working Period with flexible working hours depending on events. Accommodation may be provided to the successful candidate.
The British High Commission looks to support the professional development of all staff. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided to the successful candidate.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks and local labour requirements. Staff who are locally recruited by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Foreign Nationals, with assistance from the High Commission, must be able to obtain a permit to work in Brunei in order to apply.
Please note that your application must be submitted before 09:00AM the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
You may submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to British High Commission Bandar Seri Begawan front security desk.
We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.