View Vacancy - Internship - Department for International Trade, Barcelona (ESP19.557)
The British Consulate in Barcelona is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for one Intern for its DIT Team in Barcelona.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to sell their produtcs and services in Spain and other international markets. DIT also assists overseas companies to bring high-quality investment to the UK’s economy.
The intern selected will have the chance to join a multinational/multicultural environment that will allow him/her to learn and get excellent experience in the Department for International Trade. He/she will work in a mainly administrative and support role with many opportunities to work in areas such as event management, relationship with UK and Spanish companies, business reporting and social media communications. This is a good opportunity to put into practice and broaden his/her business and communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support DIT team in the delivery of services to British exporters (market research by sector, cold calling, visit arrangements, event organisation support etc).
- Support DIT team in the delivery of services to potential Spanish investors in the UK (market research by Autonomous Region and sector, research company profiles, support with the promotion of UK as an investment destination).
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Spanish
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative when required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Ability to look for information about a company or sector on the Internet and obtain information by phone
- Able to work under pressure and to juggle competing deadlines
- Good Knowledge of social media channels, mainly twitter and LinkedIn
- Currently studying a degree related to business or marketing
This is an internship placement for the duration of 6 months for 25 hours/week (5 hours/day).
The British Embassy will offer a monthly internship allowance € 656 per month.
The intern will need to arrange and pay for his or her own travel, accommodation, as well as any other costs.
The successful internship candidate will be subject to a confirmation of a background check and security clearance, they will be registered on the Spanish Social Security.
The internship candidate will be subject to the conditions of agreement between the University and the Embassy.
The Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Interns are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate if applicable to them.
- The intern must be studying during the course of full duration of the internship;
- The Academic Institution should have an agreement with the British Embassy in Madrid;
- Third party liability insurance which is often supplied by the Academic Institution (when applicable) to cover the intern in the event they are injured on the premises or damage property;
- Proof of medical coverage for the period of the internship.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered the internship.
This opportunity is closed to applications.