View Vacancy - Team Support/Trade Adviser (RUS21.123)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Team Support/Trade Advisor on Creative industries.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is a United Kingdom government department responsible for securing the UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment by helping UK-based companies to export and succeed in the global economy. The Department’s range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual UK businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support.
The purpose of this role is to support DIT Russia team by providing day-to day administrative assistance, including managing the paperwork, contacts, database records, financial accounting and other. New Team Support/Trade Adviser will be part of the team covering Financial, Professional, Legal Services, FinTech, Education and Creative but will also support other teams, managing different sets of sectors, in DIT Russia team.
Additionally to administrative support, this role envisages Trade Adviser responsibilities for development of opportunities for UK companies at the Russian market in Creative Industries and delivering against a set of challenging targets to increase UK exports with Russia.
The Trade Adviser element of this role involves building up sector knowledge in Creative Industries to understand both the UK value proposition and demands in Russia, undertaking research on the Russian market to identify relevant opportunities and potential business partners, developing and delivering activities to promote UK excellence in the sectors of responsibility as well as providing chargeable tailored services to UK companies. As part of their work, the successful candidate will be expected to achieve results within budget, meeting DIT’s corporate standards for quality of service and also business impact.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day administrative assistance to the team, including managing financial transactions and paperwork;
- Assist with planning, administration and delivery of activities, including liaison with external contractors where appropriate;
- Manage the team’s contacts database, guest lists and other records;
- Provide assistance in registering team deliverables on internal systems;
- Prepare sector marketing materials and publicity to support the activities of the team;
- Other administrative support as necessary.
Sector-specific (Creative industries):
- Answer specific enquiries regarding the Russian market and undertaking market research for UK companies;
- Assist UK companies to develop their export activities in the Russian market by effectively and proactively developing appropriate networks and relationships with DIT Head Quarters in the UK; Russian, UK and EU business/trade associations, and the private sector
- Undertake bespoke chargeable market reports and research on behalf of UK companies,
- Deliver against agreed targets, including the value of export success for UK companies, the number of export opportunities identified and the value of chargeable services delivered, according to DIT guidelines;
- Other activity as directed by the Team Leader.
- Fluency in English and Russian (both oral and written);
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams);
- A proven track record of providing administrative assistance/team support;
- A proven record of engaging customers, stakeholders and partners;
- Understanding of broader business environment in Russia;
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities.
This is a full-time, permanent contract, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 79,949 gross, A2 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
Performance related pay scheme;
Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
- You may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.